cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language swicher does not change

SOLVED

Language swicher does not change

Hey,

This might be simples but I really can't find a solution. I have a website and a dev clone was made, it's all working fine unless the language switcher, in this case I have a default language then EN when I click in the English option in the switcher it starts redirecting but still loads the default one.

And if i go to the url and change the language code to de EN code it redirects to the original website url not even the clone one. It might be a file making this redirections to the original url but where can i find it? I did not do this part in the site and never done before so I'm a bit lost.

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Language swicher does not change

It was my fault I forgot to change one of the urls in the backoffice, so the english translation was with the original url that should've been the first place to check xD

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It was my fault I forgot to change one of the urls in the backoffice, so the english translation was with the original url that should've been the first place to check xD

Hey, 

Good to hear that you found a solution. In case, if you want to try on a language switcher extension, you can check out Magento 2 Language Switcher

It provides easy switching of multi-languages. It enables you to translate your store language, bulk content in one go. From meta descriptions to web-page content, you can translate anything and everything. The app allows you to edit the translated content using the WYSIWYG editor. You can even translate instantly using console commands. 

If you want to search for something in the database and translate it, the extension allows you to do that too.

You can view the live demo of the Magento 2 Language Translator here. 

Some of the languages we can't change in any other language platform due to their security or privacy options. But still, most of the students can get helpful resources where anyone can see the reasons youtube should be in a classroom and this can be good for students to watch a lot of things in the form of study.

Select the Language Switcher widget. Drag and drop it into your desired location. If the Multilingual Press Site Flags option in the Multilingual Press Global Settings panel is enabled, the option to render the language flags Show flags is also available.

SBCC Pipeline Login