cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Magento2.2]Show a custom attribute in Customer table in administration template

SOLVED

[Magento2.2]Show a custom attribute in Customer table in administration template

So, i already have created my custom attributes in the InstallData.php file, i now need to show some of them on the Customer table in the admin area of the website. The attributes i need to display are of the varchar type in the database, below is the code i used to create one of the custom attributes. 

$customerSetup->addAttribute(\Magento\Customer\Model\Customer::ENTITY, 'codice_fiscale', [
            'type' => 'varchar',
            'label' => 'codice fiscale',
            'input' => 'text',
            'source' => '',
            'required' => false,
            'visible' => true,
            'position' => 333,
            'system' => false,
            'backend' => ''
        ]);

$attribute = $customerSetup->getEavConfig()->getAttribute('customer', 'codice_fiscale')
            ->addData(['used_in_forms' => [
                'adminhtml_customer',
                'adminhtml_checkout',
                'customer_account_create',
                'customer_account_edit'
            ]]);
        $attribute->save();

I've tried some options i found on the web but nothing worked 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [Magento2.2]Show a custom attribute in Customer table in administration template

11 REPLIES 11

Re: [Magento2.2]Show a custom attribute in Customer table in administration template

Sorry with customer table do you mean customer grid?

@franconicolas 

Yes, the one that shows all the customers in the admin area 

Good, so you should put all these flags on "1" is_used_on_grid, is_visible_in_grid, is_filterable_in_grid, is_searchable_in_grid check customer_eav_attribute table, then you will see your attribute on "Columns" button to add dynamically on the grid.

@franconicolas 

i've checked that table in the database but i don't have a record for my custom attributes there, should i add it manually using the correct attribute_id of the attributes i want to add? 

@daniel_bertagnolli if you don't see your attribute there something wrong with your create script, did you face some error when run setup:upgrade command?

@franconicolas 

the script ran fine and the attributes have been created, i can find them in the eav_attribute table but not in the table you mentioned 

Still not working, anyone got an idea please? 

Create YourNamespace/YourModule/view/base/ui_component/customer_form.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<form xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:module:Magento_Ui:etc/ui_configuration.xsd">
    <fieldset name="customer">
        <field name="codice_fiscale" formElement="input">
            <settings>
                <visible>true</visible>
            </settings>
        </field>
    </fieldset>
</form>

Hope this will help you.if yes then,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi @RanjeetBhojwani ,

sorry for not answering sooner, i've tried your solution but it's still not showing the new column.

Ofcourse i ran setup:upgrade, cache:clean and cache:flush before testing it