cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent customer billing info

Persistent customer billing info

Hi, I need to add a custom filed into billing address and save to my address in the account. I already create the field and it shows in checkout, but the value is not saved. When I check into my address in my account, this field doesnt show over there. How can I add a billing address field and save it in my address.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Persistent customer billing info

Hi @jhoyosl

i understand the problem you are facing !

Below i am sharing two very good articles link ,which helps you to accomplish the functionality which you are trying to achieve.

https://codeblog.experius.nl/magento-2-add-extra-billing-or-shipping-field-to-the-checkout/

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/187847/how-to-add-custom-fields-to-checkout-page-in-mage...

Follow the exact steps and it will worked !

Hope it helps.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @jhoyosl,

On which version do you want to add field on it? Magento 1 or Magento 2?

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Im working on Magento ver. 2.2.3-dev.

Hi thx for the liinks. I add the fields on shipping address and billing address and also I created as requeried, but I have 2 issues.

1. If the user already has an address, the field is not required for this user unless he/she creates a new one, in this case the field is mandatory and dont let you continue to your payment information. I were wondering how can I solve this, maybe I can force the user to create a new address or how can I make user edit his shipping address to force to fill this value.

2. When the user create a new address in shipping information, you can pass to payment information, If you try to place the order, a require message for the new field is show even if I create a new address for billing information. Checking "Shipping address same as billiing address" doesnt solve this problem, 

Thx for the help