cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack Traces Confusion

Stack Traces Confusion

Hey Guys, I'm fairly new to magento and trying to fix a broken extension.

I'm having a lot of trouble with stack traces, I'm not sure if it's just the way magento is or if it's because of reflection making it more abstract, but just by reading the stack I'm not able to figure out which file an error takes place in.

Example: If i go to the catalog and try to add a new product of the type this extension provides (it's a gift card extension),

It throws an error and dies.

The stack trace looks like this.

a:4:{i:0;s:112:"The requested component ("giftcard_price_selector") is not found. Before using, you must add the implementation.";i:1;s:8841:"#0 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-ui/Model/Manager.php(207): Magento\Framework\View\Element\UiComponent\Config\Provider\Component\Definition->getComponentData('giftcard_price_...')
#1 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Element/UiComponentFactory.php(187): Magento\Ui\Model\Manager->createRawComponentData('giftcard_price_...')
#2 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-ui/Component/Form/Field.php(82): Magento\Framework\View\Element\UiComponentFactory->create('giftcard_price_...', 'giftcard_price_...', Array)
#3 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(148): Magento\Ui\Component\Form\Field->prepare()
#4 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(145): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->prepareComponent(Object(Magento\Ui\Component\Form\Field))
#5 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(145): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->prepareComponent(Object(Magento\Ui\Component\Container))
#6 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(145): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->prepareComponent(Object(Magento\Ui\Component\Form\Fieldset))
#7 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(126): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->prepareComponent(Object(Magento\Ui\Component\Form))
#8 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Generator/UiComponent.php(93): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->generateComponent(Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Data\Structure), 'product_form', Array, Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Interceptor))
#9 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/GeneratorPool.php(86): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\UiComponent->process(Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Reader\Context), Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\Context))
#10 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(327): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\GeneratorPool->process(Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Reader\Context), Object(Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Generator\Context))
#11 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Builder.php(129): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->generateElements()
#12 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Page/Builder.php(55): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Builder->generateLayoutBlocks()
#13 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout/Builder.php(65): Magento\Framework\View\Page\Builder->generateLayoutBlocks()
#14 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(244): Magento\Framework\View\Layout\Builder->build()
#15 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/View/Layout.php(859): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->build()
#16 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-backend/Model/View/Result/Page.php(59): Magento\Framework\View\Layout->getBlock('menu')
#17 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/NewAction.php(71): Magento\Backend\Model\View\Result\Page->setActiveMenu('Magento_Catalog...')
#18 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/App/Action/Action.php(102): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction->execute()
#19 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/AbstractAction.php(226): Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#20 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(74): Magento\Backend\App\AbstractAction->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#21 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(70): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#22 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(63): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->invokeNext('Magento\\Catalog...', 'dispatch', Object(Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor), Array, 'adminAuthentica...')
#23 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/Action/Plugin/Authentication.php(143): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#24 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(67): Magento\Backend\App\Action\Plugin\Authentication->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#25 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->invokeNext('Magento\\Catalog...', 'dispatch', Object(Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor), Array, 'adminMassaction...')
#26 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/module-backend/App/Action/Plugin/MassactionKey.php(33): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#27 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(142): Magento\Backend\App\Action\Plugin\MassactionKey->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#28 /path/to/magento/install/var/generation/Magento/Catalog/Controller/Adminhtml/Product/NewAction/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, Array)
#29 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(55): Magento\Catalog\Controller\Adminhtml\Product\NewAction\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#30 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(74): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#31 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(70): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#32 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->invokeNext('Magento\\Framewo...', 'dispatch', Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Array, 'install')
#33 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Module/Plugin/DbStatusValidator.php(69): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#34 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(142): Magento\Framework\Module\Plugin\DbStatusValidator->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#35 /path/to/magento/install/var/generation/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, Array)
#36 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(135): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#37 /path/to/magento/install/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(258): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#38 /path/to/magento/install/index.php(39): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http))

Now, from this trace, I can clearly see that some page in the extension is referencing a component called `giftcard_price_selector`, and if i search the source of the extension, i see it referenced in a couple of places.

My question to you is, how do i figure out which place it is?

I see that a page is adding a field, which caused magento's internal UI component factory to create a price selector (I assume this is probably a drop-down or something, I'm not really sure.) which is causing the error, but i can't seem to figure out which file it's actually happening in.

Part of this is me wanting to know the answer, but if you post an answer and could give a brief overview of *how* you got the answer so I can learn myself, it would be greatly appreciated