cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing referral and conversion tracking data with order

Storing referral and conversion tracking data with order

Our site gets traffic and conversions from various sources, and I'm wondering if there's a way to store that data with an order when an order gets placed in Magento, so that it could be retrieved later along with the rest of the order details?

For example, if someone came to our site from a Google search, and the inbound URL had some Google-specific tracking parameters in it, I'd like to be able to have those persist and be stored with the order data when that customer placed an order. Ideally, that data would come up if I fetched information on that order via Magento's orders API, as a custom field or something like that.

I took a look at the current payload of data that comes back with an order, and there doesn't seem to be anything related to referrals or conversion tracking.

If there is an extension or built-in feature in Magento that allows this, that would be ideal.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Storing referral and conversion tracking data with order

So... nobody does this? What do you do when you want to see what website or search engine referred a customer to your site? There's no way to do that built into Magento as far as I can see...