cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to clone one theme with differnt name or module in magento 2

SOLVED

how to clone one theme with differnt name or module in magento 2

Hi guys,

i just want to  clone one theme with differnt name or module in magento 2.For example  i have one magento application with different store views and one theme for both the store views . i just want to use the same theme for both the storeviews with different name like for strore view 1 theme1 and store view 2 theme 2 but theme code should be same for both.

is this possible ? can anyone help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to clone one theme with differnt name or module in magento 2

Hi @bharath553

Yes it is possible to use same theme by renaming theme name for both the store !

So meaning all the theme files/structure should be same like first theme !

So do one thing copy the existing theme which is there in app/design directory  - rename the theme.xml and the required necessary files with the new name for new store 

then place that new theme into the app/design directory - after that run the necessary commands like - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f , cache:clean and cache:flush commands !

Then logged in to your magento 2 admin panel -> go to the content -> design -> Configuration -> click on edit button of the store you want to edit -> select the new theme from the dropdown -> click on save !

So now your new theme will be applied on the same

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @bharath553

Yes it is possible to use same theme by renaming theme name for both the store !

So meaning all the theme files/structure should be same like first theme !

So do one thing copy the existing theme which is there in app/design directory  - rename the theme.xml and the required necessary files with the new name for new store 

then place that new theme into the app/design directory - after that run the necessary commands like - php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f , cache:clean and cache:flush commands !

Then logged in to your magento 2 admin panel -> go to the content -> design -> Configuration -> click on edit button of the store you want to edit -> select the new theme from the dropdown -> click on save !

So now your new theme will be applied on the same

Hope it helps !

theme.xml is the only file for modification ? and remaining should be same ? am i right ?

Hi @bharath553

Yes theme.xml and Registration.php - both file you will required to modified and rest of the remain same !