cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.1.8 Error Log, Permission Denied / CronReadinessCheck.php on line 91

SOLVED

2.1.8 Error Log, Permission Denied / CronReadinessCheck.php on line 91

Every minute my Cron Jobs run, it inserts a line into the ../error_log:

[11-Sep-2017 07:47:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(<magento dir>/var/.update_cronjob_status): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <magento dir>/update/app/code/Magento/Update/CronReadinessCheck.php on line 91

The .update_cronjob_status file exists in the directory and with permissions 0644. This is a fresh 2.1.8 installation and wasn't an upgrade from a previous.

My Jobs are as follows

* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php <magento dir>/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /usr/bin/php <magento dir>/var/log/magento.cron.log
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php <magento dir>/update/cron.php >> <magento dir>/var/log/update.cron.log
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php <magento dir>/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> <magento dir>/var/log/setup.cron.log
0 2 * * 2,4 /usr/local/bin/php <magento dir>/bin/magento indexer:reindex

I tried Googling for others having this same issue and I didn't see any concrete resolutions. There was one guy who created his own version of the CronReadinessCheck.php but I didn't want to try and port that work around into a different version of Magento.

Details about the server:

PHP 7.0.22

Apache 2.4.25

MySQL 5.6.35

2.5GB Script Memory

Hosted on GoDaddy with CentOS

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2.1.8 Error Log, Permission Denied / CronReadinessCheck.php on line 91

Hi Tom,

Your questions put me on the right path and I think I figured out the problem.

I had to use the SSH command below, replacing user with the user the cron jobs run under.

chown user:user .update_cronjob_status

Thanks!

-Andy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You mention the permission. What the user and group ownership of the var folder? And what user does the webserver run as?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

The var folder is 755 -- it runs as a separate user from the root users.

Hi Tom,

Your questions put me on the right path and I think I figured out the problem.

I had to use the SSH command below, replacing user with the user the cron jobs run under.

chown user:user .update_cronjob_status

Thanks!

-Andy