Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 forbidden error while updating a product

SOLVED

403 forbidden error while updating a product

While updating a product I am getting the below error

Screenshot 2024-02-07 155202.jpg

So when I checked the ajax request it is returning a 403 forbidden error. The error is happening for only some products. Other products are getting updated. The ajax request is 

admin/catalog/product/validate/id/3209/type/simple/store/0/set/4/key/1bf9ffe87ef4731b231675a326e8040fefeac64590034673g3b4527y3fba8c79/?isAjax=true
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 403 forbidden error while updating a product

It was the hosting provider's issue. I contacted them and fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @akhilesh4u66f7,

If you're experiencing 403 Forbidden errors for specific products while others remain unaffected, follow these steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Product Data: Review the product data for any anomalies such as unusual characters, formatting issues, or missing required fields that could trigger a validation error.

2. Verify Permissions: Ensure that the user account you're using to update products has the necessary permissions to modify all product attributes and configurations.

3. Review Customizations: Check for custom modules or extensions that might be affecting product updates or AJAX requests. Look for specific logic implemented for certain products causing the 403 error.

4. Inspect Server Logs: Examine server logs, including both Magento and web server logs, for any relevant error messages or warnings that could shed light on the cause of the 403 Forbidden error.

5. Ensure Database Integrity: Verify that the product data is consistent and the database is not corrupted. Run database integrity checks to identify and address any issues.

Following these steps should help you diagnose and resolve the 403 Forbidden error.

Thank you.

It was the hosting provider's issue. I contacted them and fixed the issue.

A funeral book, often known as a memorial or remembrance book, serves as a heartfelt and tangible tribute to a departed loved one. This beautifully crafted keepsake allows friends and family to come together, sharing memories, condolences, and words of comfort. It provides a meaningful way to celebrate the life of the deceased, capturing the essence of their personality and the impact they had on those around them. The funeral book becomes a cherished memento, offering solace during a challenging time and serving as a lasting tribute to a life well-lived. It's a testament to the power of shared memories and the importance of honoring and remembering those we have lost.