cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using Indexer:reindex Product EAV shows (?,?,?,?,?) and Reindex Required

SOLVED

After using Indexer:reindex Product EAV shows (?,?,?,?,?) and Reindex Required

After using Indexer Product EAV index shows question marks (?,?,?,?,?) and Indexer:status shows Reindex Required for Product EAV index.  The attribute filters are missing from the category pages.

Has anyone ran across this issue and knows a fix? It happens on all the latest versions of the software: 2.0.16, 2.1.8, 2.1.9, 2.2.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After using Indexer:reindex Product EAV shows (?,?,?,?,?) and Reindex Required

I found the cause of the Product EAV error. I had duplicate values for a multiple select attribute in my spreadsheet. When I removed them the error went away. The please wait error was caused by not having mod_rewrite installed when I installed magento.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Re: After using Indexer:reindex Product EAV shows (?,?,?,?,?) and Reindex Required

Hi @BobFrancis,

Can you share the exact commands you are running?

I would like to test it on a few instances.

Sure,

php bin/magento indexer:reindex - That's when I see the (?,?,?,?,?) lines over and over during the indexing of Products EAV.

Then I run php bin/magento indexer:status - This shows Reindex Required for Product EAV after I have run the indexer:reindex command.

I'm using 2.1.x and 2.2 and I can't get the same result. My projects are mostly without 3rd-party modules (just 1 project has several modules).

Did you tried the same code on another server/environment?

I am running Debian 9 and php 7.0.x, what OS and PHP version are you using?

With CentOS I kept running into general exception errors with magento 2.2.0

I've tried Magento 2.1.9 with Ubntu 16.04 and PHP 5.6 and Magento 2.2 on Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 7.1. Different projects, some almost vanilla installations and another ones with themes and some modules.

Indexers are working normally.

Thanks, I'll give Ubuntu a try.

Did you ever run into Please Wait errors with Ubuntu during the Import process. It is just hanging at that screen doing nothing.

Hi @BobFrancis,

No, I don't. Also, I didn't imported too much products with the out-of-the-box features.

Once I've used this module: https://github.com/firegento/FireGento_FastSimpleImport2

But I've created my own console script to import a lot of products and customers and everything has worked fine.

I found the cause of the Product EAV error. I had duplicate values for a multiple select attribute in my spreadsheet. When I removed them the error went away. The please wait error was caused by not having mod_rewrite installed when I installed magento.