cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.Net DigiCert SSL Certification Migration

Authorize.Net DigiCert SSL Certification Migration

Hello,

I am running a Magento 2 store (CE v2.3.2) and I received this notice from DigiCert:

https://support.authorize.net/knowledgebase/Knowledgearticle/?code=KA-05545

I am trying to figure out if this affects our store or not.  To my knowledge, we never set up any CA certs with their Entrust certificates to being with, but maybe that is built into Magento 2 somehow?  Looking for some help as I don't understand the SSL stuff well.  Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Authorize.Net DigiCert SSL Certification Migration

To determine if the notice from DigiCert affects your Magento 2 store, it's essential to understand the context of the notice and how SSL certificates function within your store setup. Here’s a brief overview:

1. Understanding the Notice

The notice from DigiCert concerns the deprecation of certain Certificate Authority (CA) certificates and their potential impact on secure connections. Specifically, they mention issues with Entrust certificates, which can affect websites if they rely on these certificates for secure communication.

2. Magento 2 and SSL Certificates

Magento 2, by default, supports SSL certificates for secure transactions. However, it does not inherently manage the CA certificates. If your store uses SSL certificates issued by Entrust, or if you’ve ever set up any CA certificates associated with DigiCert or Entrust, you should verify the certificates currently installed on your server.

3. How to Check Your SSL Certificate

You can check the SSL certificate in use by:

• Using Browser Tools: Visit your store and click on the padlock icon in the address bar. This will show you details about the SSL certificate, including the issuer.
  • Online Tools: Websites like SSL Labs can help you analyze your SSL configuration and certificate details.

4. Action Steps

• Verify Your SSL Certificate: Confirm whether your certificate is issued by Entrust. If it is, you may need to renew or update your SSL certificate based on DigiCert's guidance.
  • Consult with Your Hosting Provider: If you’re unsure about the certificates installed, your hosting provider can assist in checking and updating them if necessary.

5. Resources for More Information

• For further information on the notice and its implications, you can refer to DigiCert's support page
  • Additionally, Magento’s official documentation and community forums can be a valuable resource for specific configurations related to SSL.

If you determine that your site is affected or you require assistance in updating your SSL, it may be beneficial to consult a web security expert or your hosting provider for guidance.