cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup restore

SOLVED

Backup restore

Can anyone tell me if its possible to restore a version 2.3.5-p2 backup into version 2.4.0? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Backup restore

@miller75 

for just moving data, you might need to check all the changes they have done in Magento 2.4 and create script according to that !

I don't think it's a good idea to upgrade your Magento version, better you use the above given approach to change your website version to 2.4 Magento will auto handle that data if any table name is changes etc.

Hope it's clear to you now !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @miller75 

I am assuming that you want to upgrade your Magento version from Magento 2.3.5-p2 to Magento 2.4, please follow the below process :

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.4/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html

Hope it helps !

Thanks for the reply @gaurav_harsh1 

No I have a backup from 2.3.5-p2 that I want to restore into a 2.4.0 installation, is the table structure the same on  2.3.5 and 2.4.0. 

I want to restore everything except core_config_data

@miller75 

for just moving data, you might need to check all the changes they have done in Magento 2.4 and create script according to that !

I don't think it's a good idea to upgrade your Magento version, better you use the above given approach to change your website version to 2.4 Magento will auto handle that data if any table name is changes etc.

Hope it's clear to you now !