cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank admin page on admin

SOLVED

Blank admin page on admin

Hi, I've been having difficulty with this website restoring it to another server. I cannot get the admin page to show. The admin page is just blank. Is there a separate error log for the admin page? The url for it is https://www.petermatratestsite.com/ecin_admin

I left all 3rd party modules running so not to interrupt what might be necessary for the back end to run. I tried originally disabling about 15 3rd party modules and it didn't help. So I re-enabled them, reinstalled, compiled, etc.

I had to turn off the cache as it was causing difficulties. This site is running on php 7.1 and is Magento version 2.2.3. I'm trying to avoid an upgrade at this moment and I just need to get the site working for my clients.

Thanks

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blank admin page on admin

You can access the admin page by this URL:

I hope it helps.
Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can access the admin page by this URL:

I hope it helps.
Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

It sounds like you're encountering issues with accessing the admin page of your  website after attempting to restore it to another server. Troubleshooting this kind of issue can involve a few steps. Here are some suggestions to help you diagnose and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Check Error Logs: Check the server's error logs, both the PHP error log and the web server's error log, for any error messages to the admin page. These logs can provide insights into what might be causing the blank admin page.

2. Enable Developer Mode: Switch your installation to Developer Mode if it's not already. This can provide more detailed error messages that might help pinpoint the issue.

3. Disable Custom Themes and Extensions: Temporarily disable all custom themes and third-party extensions. This will help you determine if the issue is caused by a specific theme or extension. If the admin page works after disabling them, you can narrow down the problematic one.

4. Check File Permissions: Ensure that file and directory permissions are correctly set for your installation. Incorrect permissions can lead to issues accessing files and directories.

5. Clear Cache and Sessions: Clear the cache and session folders manually. Incorrect cache or session files can sometimes cause issues with functionality.

6. Inspect the Network Traffic: Use your browser's developer tools to inspect the network traffic when you access the admin page. Look for any failed requests or error responses that might indicate the source of the problem.

7. Check PHP and MySQL Compatibility: Ensure that the PHP and MySQL versions on the new server are compatible with 2. Check system requirements for the specific version you're using.

8. Review Configuration Files: Double-check your  and  files to make sure they are correctly configured for the new server.

9. Check  Logs: Check  logs located in the  directory of your installation for any relevant error messages.

10. Server Settings: Verify that your server meets the necessary requirements for. Ensure that PHP extensions and configurations required by are enabled.

12. Commands: Run relevant commands such as,, and to ensure the system is properly configured.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue, it might be helpful to consult with a  developer or support to get more targeted assistance. Additionally, taking a backup of your website before making any changes is recommended to avoid data loss.