cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get theme files to deploy

Cannot get theme files to deploy

I am using a custom theme, which works great. I made a change to /app/design/.../Magento_Catalog/templates/product/list.phtml... 

I was trying to truncate the product title and it wasn't working so I replaced the product title with the string "Steve" - see here: 

Now, no matter what I do it just says "Steve"... I have deleted everything in var/ and pub/static except the .htaccess file, I have cleared cache, set permissions on var/ and pub/ to 777, I have ran 'php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy', I have ran 'php bin/magento setup:upgrade' and 'php bin/magento setup:di:compile' and cleared cache again... it still says "Steve"... I do not see that file in /pub/static/frontend/.../Magento_Catalog/product... 

What else can I try?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot get theme files to deploy

I am in developer mode right now. I have tried both developer and production, cache on and off... nothing works... cleared browswr cache, rebooted server, rebooted Macbook..... nothing. Steve won't go. 

Hi @semboku

Could you share  the code which you used for adding steve in your template file?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

<div class="name"><a class="product-item-link" href="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>">Steve</a></div>

I put it back to what it was in production, did everything above and it still says Steve. It's like the theme files are not getting pushed into pub/static when I run deploy. 

Now, when I run: magento setup:static-content:deploy I get this error:

Command returned non-zero exit code:
`/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -f /var/www/vhosts/###.com/httpdocs/shop/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US`

I am not sure what error log to tail to see what is causing it. 

I don't understand where it could possibly be getting cached at. If I go to app/design...../list.phtml in Vim and open it live on the server, it doesn't say "Steve" it has:

<div class="name"><a class="product-item-link" href="<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo $_product->getProductUrl() ?>"><?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product, $_product->getName(), 'name'); ?></a></div>