cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: email-inline.less

Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: email-inline.less

Hello all,

I have spend the last days trying to find a solution to the following problem.

In exception.log i get

[2020-05-17 13:11:04] main.ERROR: <pre>
Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: frontend/Mgs/claue/en_US/css/email-inline.less
 </pre> {"exception":"[object] (Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\MailException(code: 0): <pre>
Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: frontend/Mgs/claue/en_US/css/email-inline.less
 </pre> at /home/www/georgia/mysite.gr/www/vendor/magento/module-email/Model/Template/Filter.php:1039)"} []
[2020-05-17 13:17:28] main.ERROR: <pre>
Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: frontend/Mgs/claue/el_GR/css/email-inline.less
</pre> {"exception":"[object] (Magento\\Framework\\Exception\\MailException(code: 0): <pre>
Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: frontend/Mgs/claue/el_GR/css/email-inline.less
</pre> at /home/www/georgia/mysite.gr/www/vendor/magento/module-email/Model/Template/Filter.php:1039)"} []

and order email is sent without css and also with message at the top : 

I run magento 2.3.5 and in developer mode. I also clean var and pub/static/frontend/ and run deploy -f el_GR en_US but i get the same message for both files.

my files in frontend/Mgs/claue/el_GR/css/ i have the following files generated :

drwxrwxr-x 2 georgiap georgiap 512 May 18 22:38 third-party_extension
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 4122 May 18 22:38 owl.carousel.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 435966 May 18 22:33 theme.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 12010 May 18 22:33 menu.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 45897 May 18 22:33 responsive.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 13220 May 18 22:33 theme_default.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 9953 May 18 22:33 pe-icon-7-stroke.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 109518 May 18 22:33 bootstrap.min.css
-rw-rw-r-- 1 george george 33233 May 18 22:33 font-awesome.css

In admin -> developer -> template settings, Allow Symlinks is set to No. 

Open up app/etc/di.xml and find the virtualType name="developerMaterialization" section. In that section i modified it by changing the contents from Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Symlink to Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Copy

No luck! email css files not found in el_GR/çss folder... Any idea how to fix this issue?

Regards

George  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: email-inline.less

Has there been any movement on this? I'm having the exact same issue and can't get it to work, no matter what I try.

I don't intend to have the styling in my folder, surely it should inherit from Luma or Blank but it's failing to do so at the moment.

am having the same problem, very annoying indeed, 

This works perfectly fine on my MacBook (development system), but then when taking into Linux to test, I get this error (below): 

Would be great to put our heads together to figure it out!.

$ php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f en_GB fr_FR 

Deploy using quick strategy
frontend/Magento/blank/en_GB            2334/2334           ============================ 100%   2 secs              
adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_GB         2432/2432           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
frontend/Magento/blank/fr_FR            2334/2334           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
frontend/Magento/blank/en_GB            2334/2334           ============================ 100%   2 secs              
adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_GB         2432/2432           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
frontend/Magento/blank/fr_FR            2334/2334           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
adminhtml/Magento/backend/fr_FR         2432/2432           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
frontend/Magento/luma/en_GB             2351/2351           ============================ 100%   1 sec               
frontend/MyModule/ThemeOne/en_GB        3921/3921           ============================ 100%   2 secs              
frontend/Magento/luma/fr_FR             2351/2351           ============================ 100%   2 secs              
frontend/MyModule/ThemeOne/fr_FR        2786/3921           ===================>-------- 71%    2 secs
Compilation from source: /...../app/design/frontend/MyModule/ThemeOne/web/css/theme.less
Compilation from source: LESS file is empty: frontend/GoTravel/ThemeOne/fr_FR/css/theme.less

Thank you. 

Hello,

have the same issue with Amely Theme. Can i add this files too?

BR Andreas

If you want those styles in developer mode you need to generate CSS with grunt and dont forget to add such files in grunt theme config

files: [
            'css/styles-m',
            'css/styles-l',
            'css/email',
            'css/email-inline'
        ],

after that, you will get no error in your emails

can you re-upload this the link is not working anymore