cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable products not displaying items that are out of stock

Configurable products not displaying items that are out of stock

I have a product with 5 color options setup as simple products. If one of the colors is out of stock, it does not show the color option. I need it to show everything, even out of stock items, so that customers can sign up to be notified when they are back in stock. 

I have tested on a fresh install and it seems to be doing the same thing. Is this a bug ?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Configurable products not displaying items that are out of stock

Have you set setting for enable out of stock product from
Stores -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Inventory
Show out of stock product to Yes.
After set clear Sysgem Cache.
Now you are saw remaining all product of configurable which are not out of stock.
Out of stock product is not display in configurable product. This is the core behaviour.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Yes, Display Out Of Stock Products is set to yes. 

I do not understand your answer. You say to set that to yes (which it is) but then you say that out of stock products do not display in configurable products on the next line.

I don't understand. I need all out of stock products to display. Why would it have that setting, if it is not possible as part of Magento core ?Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 2.36.32 PM.png

For Core Magento code, This is not working. If you want to show out of stock product at the product page you need to customize it. Default magento,  if any product is out of stock then they will not display in product page only in stock child item are display in product page.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

So what is the purpose of the setting in configuration "Display Out Of Stock Products" ?

This does not make sense to me. Why would Magento force this not to display ?

Please can someone give me some insight into this.

All products, except configurable products are showing when out of stock, as they should. However, if a simple product that is part of a configurable collection is out of stock, it's not showing. This appears to be a bug but does anyone know

Nothing ??

I'm experiencing same

This really needs to be fixed.  It is absurd that this is not an option for configurable products.  What a disappointment.

Hi,

I tried the above admin panel settings solution in my magento 2.2, but in configurable product of swatch option was quantity was zero, that option was not displaying in magento 2.2

Please help me to solve the solutiuon