cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error popping up: "We can't create the Wish List right now"

Error popping up: "We can't create the Wish List right now"

I have a notification saying there is a problem creating the wishlist. It only happens when a user is logged in, and usually comes up on most pages even without touching the wish list options. It can happen as soon as a user logs in, when a user adds a product to basket, views basket, checkout etc.

Any help would be great thanks! Smiley Happy

Screenshot-2019-4-29 Cashmere 2 28.png

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Error popping up: "We can't create the Wish List right now"

Hello @neil_widdowson 

It seems like this is known issue previously on Magento 2.1.9 version - can you please confirm which version are you using ? 

Also here is the solution/patch for this issue - https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/11825

Please refer the same and check it will helps you to resolve this issue !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks Mathan - I am running v2.3.1 as per installed using Softaculous. The link you suggested seems to be related to when a user tried to add an item to the wish list without being logged in. My issue is the notice coming up without even clicking wishlist - I have never click it. I don't actually need it, so a solution for me would be to disable it, but from what I've read, it can't be because lots of other things depend on it.

Hi @neil_widdowson 

Well i understand your point then !

So you want to disable whole wishlist functionality ? or something else ?

I am happy to disable it because I have no need for it. Smiley Happy

Hi @neil_widdowson 

So that you can disable it from the Magento Backend itself !

Follow the path - To disable Wish List functionality, you need to go in the administration, under Stores > Configuration > Customers > Wish List and choose Enabled : No.

It will disable Wish List functionality from the frontend.

Hope it helps - let me know if you need anything else on the same !

Thanks, I did that, but the message still comes up! All I did was add an item to basket and it popped up again! Any ideas? :/

Hi @neil_widdowson 

May be you can try again by clearing cache and check it in another browser/system - sometimes it gets cached so.

Also i would suggest you to remove it by overriding default.xml into your custom theme file and give parameters remove = true.

Here is the ref link for the same - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/96934/magento-2-safe-and-easiest-way-to-disable-compare-...

I've tried clearing cache, 3 browsers and the default.xml file and still have the problem.

I've noticed when I log in I get this error message - it might be related?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getItemCollection() on boolean in /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/module-wishlist/Helper/Data.php:234 Stack trace: #0 /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/module-wishlist/Helper/Data.php(245): Magento\Wishlist\Helper\Data->_createWishlistItemCollection() #1 /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/module-wishlist/Helper/Data.php(574): Magento\Wishlist\Helper\Data->getWishlistItemCollection() #2 /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/module-wishlist/Observer/CustomerLogin.php(38): Magento\Wishlist\Helper\Data->calculate() #3 /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/framework/Event/Invoker/InvokerDefault.php(72): Magento\Wishlist\Observer\CustomerLogin->execute(Object(Magento\Framework\Event\Observer)) #4 /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/framework/Event/Invoker/InvokerDefault.php(60): Magento\Framework\Event\Invoker\InvokerDefault->_callObserverMethod(Object(Magento\Wishlist\Observer\CustomerLogin), Object in /home/theyarns/public_html/new19/vendor/magento/module-wishlist/Helper/Data.php on line 234

Form the log i see your vendor\magento\module-wishlist\Observer\CustomerLogin.php call execute method after login customer event and disabled wishlist from admin panel won't stop call of this method.

You need to override execute function of CustomerLogin.php and add condition of if wishlist is enable then that code of execute function will run.