cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few issues: Free Shipping, themes, rich snippets, google merchant data, mobile version.

Few issues: Free Shipping, themes, rich snippets, google merchant data, mobile version.

OK so we got the site live a few weeks ago using 2.1.0.  So far things are pretty good.  I have ran into a few gotchas that I wanted to turn my attention to.

A)  Free Shipping.  I should be able to do an option for free shipping for a set time period, i.e. holiday weekend.  The code context that is available shows a % discount for subtotal PLUS shipping  but nothing related to just shipping.

B)  I want to take the changes that I have made and move it into it's own custom theme.  I am not sure how to do that and the theme guide that I looked at was not that helpful in terms of this.  The existing theme we are using, Luma, I want to roll into a customized version.  Any help here will be appreciated.

C)  Rich snippets.  I see structured data in google webmaster tools, very good.  I do have a warning on the $ amount, showing the following.

$40.00 (The property $40.00 is not a valid price specification. Learn more about

Next after the cards is snippets for data view on web searches.  Any ideas on how to handle this?  I am thinking we will need a 3rd party plugin to make this work.

D)  Google merchant.  When a customer checks out google is not picking up on the sale or the exchange correctly.  for that matter, google did not register *ANY* data from the built in code.  I ended up having to add it into the footer of every page and now google does indeed pick up activity correctly just no transactions.  Any idea what is going on here?  (also for the record I HATE google now)

E) mobile version.  The weak link to the site I think is mobile versions.  Accelerated Mobile Pages.  I am not super clear on this but from what I see this is not built into Magento 2 Smiley Sad