cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image directories created with 770 instead of 755 permissions, when navigating for the 1st time

Image directories created with 770 instead of 755 permissions, when navigating for the 1st time

Hi, 

I finally figured a problem I was struggling with for the last few days. The products all showed up correctly in my (xampp) dev machine, but when I moved it to a hosted solution only some images showed up, the rest were not there, if you clicked on the product page some images displayed and others did not.

Then I realized that as you navigated to the products for the very first time, magento created a new folder, lets say if you added a product to the cart, it will automatically create a small 70x70 images folder with permission 770 (under pub/static/images--) and would get a 403 in the console, now if you were to change it to 775, then it does not need to be done for any subsequent visits.

This is true for navigation to the main product page i.e. with a grid, individual product page, its zoomed image or the small image shown in the cart. 

Since I am working with a smaller number of products, my temporary solution is to select each product through its full cycle i.e. navigate to it, open a zoomed view and put it in the cart,  once all images are created, I then change the directory permissions. 

However I would like to find out how to completely eliminate this issue and have Magento create the folders with correct permissions in the first place?

Below is the only posting I can find on this topic.

https://community.magento.com/t5/Admin-Configuration-Questions/When-I-upload-an-image-Magento-create...