cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new extensions in Magento 2.0.7

Installing new extensions in Magento 2.0.7

I've been trying to install a new extension for a while now in Magento 2.0.7, but try as I might, I can't get the new extension to show up under Component Manager (despite having uploaded the extracted extension files to the right directory). Any ideas why this might be happening? I initially tried to install the extension by "syncing" with my Marketplace purchases, but the "sync wheel" simply keeps spinning and hands when I attempt to sync. Not quite sure why that is happening - that would seem to be the best way to install, but I couldn't get it done that way, so tried doing it manually. FWIW, I was also getting a "One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running" error in the Magento admin area. Not sure if that was a related error, but I finally managed to set up the Cron jobs per the official Magento instructions here - http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-cron.html. . . However, I'm still unable to locate new extensions and/ (more importantly) sync with Marketplace, despite the fact that the cron jobs issue appears to have been resolved. Any and all help in this regard would be GREATLY appreciated! Smiley Happy Apologies for the verbose nature of this post - just wanted to make sure I explain everything at one shot.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Installing new extensions in Magento 2.0.7

Anyone....? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated! Apologies for "bumping" this - thats not my intention - just looking to get to the bottom of whatever it is that is going on here!

Spoiler

We have also faced the same issue I think there is an "sync" issue with the Magento 2.0.7. Ultimately we have installed module manually.

Now the second part is your server setup error, now you know need to worry we have gone through all mentioned situation and setup server successfully.

It quite long to write here you can get step by step instruction Here

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll go through that link fully, but the cron jobs part is what I'll talk about first as (in my case) apparently the cron jobs are running per the server at this point, but not according to the Magento 2.0.7 admin panel. . . ..

I did execute the following cron jobs as mentioned in your write up (links obviously changed per my server config): - 

* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/bin/magento cron:run >> /var/www/html/var/log/magento.cron.log
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/update/cron.php >> /var/www/html/var/log/update.cron.log
* * * * * sudo /usr/bin/php70 -c /etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini /var/www/html/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /var/www/html/var/log/setup.cron.log

I did this via the cpanel cron job utlity, but it did not resolve the issue (or perhaps it's just a bug with Magento - I'm not sure). Will go through the link again though and advise if the steps outlined resolve some of the other issues I'm currently facing. Something else that comes to mind is that hopefully the "powers that be" at Magento will make installation etc a bit easier for those without root and/or shell access .  .  . Smiley Very Happy

In terms of the manual module installation, how exactly did you do it? I uploaded (after unpacking) the module to my Magento root directory, but no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to be showing in the list of available extensions in Extension Manager . . .is there something I'm missing in terms of config etc? 

Thanks again for the response - much appreciated!

Hi,

Glad to hear that its work for you.

For manual installation check the composer.json file. There will name of package and module like:

"psr-4": {
      "Packagename\\Modulename\\": ""
    }

Create a directory on app\code\Packagename\Modulename\ 

paste here all the other directory. In case if there is no any composer.json file check any of the php class file and look at namespace after the namespace keyword two consecutive term is Package name and Module name.

namespace Ipragmatech\Ipreview\Model;

Here Package name : Ipragmatech  and Module name: Ipreview

Now from your terminal go to the magento root directory and execute the following command

this will upgrade new module   

1. suod php bin/magento setup:upgrade

Now re compile Magento

2. Sudo rm -rf var/di var/generation var/cache
3. sudo php bin/magento setup:di:compile
4. sudo php bin/magento cache:clean
5. sudo chmod 777 -R var/

To check the module go to Store>configuration>advance>advance here your module will be listed.

Please, accept answer if this will help you.