cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with adding more attributes options

SOLVED

Issue with adding more attributes options

Hello. I'm having some issues when wanting to create more product attributes options. I have an attribute that has about 200 options (yea crazy right....) and I can't enter more. Every time I do and save, it doesn't. It shows the last one that was there already. I kept reading to see what the problem was and one suggested to edit the "max_input_vars" or something like that in the php.ini file. Well, I did not find that setting by default so I added it in the end. I restart apache2, php and the entire server for that matter and still nothing. I remember we ran into this issue when at about 100 options and my tech did something to the db. Well unfortunately my tech is not around so I'm not sure what was done.

Any thoughts or ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue with adding more attributes options

Hi @luis_m 

Well this is known issue and it can be resolved by increasing the max_input_vars

if you are not able to find the php.ini file then i would suggest you to contact your hosting provider or ask them to increase this limit = max_inputs_var = 18000

Another option would be - add this (php_value max_input_vars 10000) setting into your .htaccess file - which is there in root directory of your Magento 2.

It will resolve the issue - hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @luis_m 

Well this is known issue and it can be resolved by increasing the max_input_vars

if you are not able to find the php.ini file then i would suggest you to contact your hosting provider or ask them to increase this limit = max_inputs_var = 18000

Another option would be - add this (php_value max_input_vars 10000) setting into your .htaccess file - which is there in root directory of your Magento 2.

It will resolve the issue - hope it helps !

@Manthan Dave THANK YOU for you fast reply. Your suggestion worked! I added into the htaccess and BOOM it worked.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again

Hi @luis_m 

Glad to know that it is work for you.

Happy to help and keep helping others Smiley Happy