cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations Magento 2 Community Edition

SOLVED

Limitations Magento 2 Community Edition

Hi everyone,

I'm going to develop a new site and I'm looking for the best solution (CE or EE). My site will have 1.5k products and 25k users.

Anyone know the limitations of the Magento 2 CE?
What hosting service do you recommend me and which requirements? I expect 5k users per month.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limitations Magento 2 Community Edition

I agree with @Finestshops.

At least you have more visitors per day, complex products, multiwebsites, too many catalog or cart rules and/or prices by customer groups (I'm thinking on different things that can convert your database on something complex) I can't find a real reason to not use CE.

For example, Magento 2 EE some advanced features for large catalogs: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/config-guide/multi-master/multi-master.html

With the current information I'm not sure if the EE is mandatory for you right now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @miguelvelez,

You said 25k users and then 5k users per month.

Users are Customers?

1.5k products is a pretty regular/low number. It depends, of couse, on which kind of products (simple, configurable, grouped, etc).

Also it will be important to know if you will use a single store instance or a multi-store.

At this point seems you could change your edition because the features of your store and not becasue the performance with this amount of products/customers.

(my 2cents)

Hi Damian,

Thank you for your help. Answering your question:

-It will be 25k customer registered in Magento and I expect 5k customer visit my E-Commerce per month.

-It will be exactly 1.5k SKUs.

-It will be a multi-store.

I'm worried about the process with the database, I read Magento EE has a better perfomance than the CE so I want to know if with these characteristics (Especify the 25k customer registered) the CE will be fine.

Hi Miguel,

Are you sure it will be 5000 visitors per month and not per day?

Because with such low traffic it will be hard to justify the cost of the license for Magento EE and better to spend more on hosting (for example, with a separate Percona database server). but I'm not sure if you will need a separate server for 150-200 visitors per day (5000 per month). With that traffic and under a couple hundred thousand products, any good Magento optimized server will do just fine.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

I agree with @Finestshops.

At least you have more visitors per day, complex products, multiwebsites, too many catalog or cart rules and/or prices by customer groups (I'm thinking on different things that can convert your database on something complex) I can't find a real reason to not use CE.

For example, Magento 2 EE some advanced features for large catalogs: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/config-guide/multi-master/multi-master.html

With the current information I'm not sure if the EE is mandatory for you right now.

you just need community edition, is a very low number of visitors hitting your server