cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4.1 categories product disappear automatically

SOLVED

Magento 2.4.1 categories product disappear automatically

I am facing this problem since I update to the latest Magento 2.4.1 I have elastic search running but categories product disappear automatically and I have to run the reindex command this is happening 5,6 times in a day I have 3500 SKU on my website
it shows WE CAN'T FIND PRODUCTS MATCHING THE SELECTION.
after running reindex command it starts working again for sometime
kindly help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.4.1 categories product disappear automatically

I have found a solution maybe it helps you 

I am running 3 sites in 1 AWS server and elastic search need the prefix for all sites so that I don't confuse with all sites 

here is a quick tip 

go to admin > Catalog > catalog > Catalog Search > Elasticsearch Index Prefix 

fill this column with your site name 
so all three different sites have different names and it works for me 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I just came here to post about the same issue.  Currently running 2.3.6_p1 no issue.  Base install, not extensions.  After upgrade to 2.4.0/1 site runs fine for several hours, and then products cannot be found on category pages, and search also returns no results.  Cron is running (including indexing) successfully w/o errors. No errors in logs. Database checks pass. Scheduled indexing does not fix despite backend indicating the indexes are updating.  However, re-indexing the following via CLI fixes search and product pages, respectively:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex  catalogsearch_fulltext

php bin/magento indexer:reindex catalog_category_product

Please advise what might make CLI but not cron indexing work properly.

Thanks

Adding that issue is present when running either php ea-7.3 or 7.4

I am running 3 sites in same server and all has same problem still no solution found 

I have found a solution maybe it helps you 

I am running 3 sites in 1 AWS server and elastic search need the prefix for all sites so that I don't confuse with all sites 

here is a quick tip 

go to admin > Catalog > catalog > Catalog Search > Elasticsearch Index Prefix 

fill this column with your site name 
so all three different sites have different names and it works for me 

Excellent.  This appears to have been my issue as well as I have a dev domain on the same server.  Added the site to the address as prefix and so far so good.  Thank you very much for posting the solution!

So I’m having this problem again but only for new products (I’m finally adding some new new products since this original post Smiley Happy). The above solution worked for my existing products. Now when I add new ones they originally are visible in the correct categories, but disappear overnight. Reindexing solves temporarily but they disappear again overnight. Has anyone else had this remaining issue? Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Configure Cron

php bin/magento cron:install

php bin/magento cron:run

php bin/magento cron:run

*2 times 

Magento 2.4.5. with 2 stores with the same problem as noted with 2.4.1.

I have made the changes with the prefix. This prefix which is default at "magento2" applies to all the stores on the instance, although it looks like ES creates an Indice per store view (two in my case).
Other than the same problems as reported by other i.e. Search and/or Categories suddenly not returning, I have noticed that ES (7.19) is always showing as Yellow. So I deleted the ES indexs and reindexed. (see https://github.com/magento/knowledge-base/blob/main/src/troubleshooting/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-...)

After 

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

ES still reports Yellow!

I will report back on if the above fixes things

Anyone else, have the same issues and/or fixes?

Cheers

thanks