cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Category url rewrite is not working

Magento 2 Category url rewrite is not working

After migration by using ubertheme, my category url is not working. Its showing all category urls are like below http://domain.com/catalog/category/view/s/trouvez-le-fauteuil-ou-canape-chesterfield-fait-pour-vous/...

Can you pleas help me how can i change it to seo format?

I have tried reindexing via ssh and also enable seo url for category and product from Configuration/catalog/SEO tab.

I am using magento 2.1.0

Thanks in advance.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Magento 2 Category url rewrite is not working

did you resolve this because im having the same issue, also getting .html.html in my rewrites ....

I am having a double suffix issue - like .html.html

And to rewrite you have to change the product and save or change the category product listings and save.

Change product and save did not work for me. I even changed the name of the product. and the url would not change

So I deleted the product urls

Change Category products (subtract product and then save and then add and save again) created  urls again but with the double suffix.

So there is a bug here

Sam

Hi @rich888 and @samreg
I have export the table url_rewrite and done find(.html.html) and replace with (.html)
I know this is not a solution but no one is answering our problem in this community and not finding the proper solution.
Thats why i am asking you to done like this.

Sorry

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

I know this has been out there for a while but I am having the same exact issue.  I have made just about every seo-url related configuration adjustment I can find to no avail.  I have even truncated the url tables and that doesn't work.  I am at a loss and hope anyone has suggestions.

Product URL is

http://159.203.79.4/catalog/category/view/s/product-key/id/10/

ur key is set to product-key

Product URL is set to ".html"

category suffix is blank

Create Permanent Redirect URLs if URL key is changed is set to "yes"

I have Magento 2.1.1 installed on NGINX (Digital Ocean Droplet) with Serverpilot LAMP installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issue in 2.1.1.  URL Rewrites still work fine for old products I imported but now they are not showing up for a lot of my new products.  All the settings are enabled for URL Rewrites.

I think it may have something to do with existing URL names being in the database too.

For awhile when importing if you had the same name in the url_key column in an import file of an existing product Magento would not accept the import.  After the last couple releases Magento now accepts the import anyway but I wonder if this causes conflict.

If I have a product with URL Rewrite named "Blue Lamp Shade" and I import a product with url_key "Blue Lamp Shade" Magento should automatically append a -1 to the second one imported so its "Blue Lamp Shade-1" or something.  

This should have been done by default in the beginning.  I don't know what Magento 2 does when importing products with same url keys.

The tool you have used did not transfer url_key column on Products table. You should do it manually or using other tool to do.

Did you ever figure this out?

I am facing this issue in Magento 2.1.7. Whenever I try to save the product or category, it is throwing an error "URL key for specified store already exists."

Please let us know if anyone has a solution. 

Found a working solution in this link https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/169352/magento-2-url-key-for-specified-store-already-exi...

Please note that don't do the change directly in vendor file. Please write your own plugin/preference to overwrite doReplace method. For a quick try, you can replace the code directly and check if it is working.

In the file 

\vendor\magento\module-url-rewrite\Model\Storage\DbStorage.php

Replace 

protected function doReplace($urls)
    {
        foreach ($this->createFilterDataBasedOnUrls($urls) as $type => $urlData) {
            $urlData[UrlRewrite::ENTITY_TYPE] = $type;
            $this->deleteByData($urlData);
        }
        $data = [];
        foreach ($urls as $url) {
            $data[] = $url->toArray();
        }
        $this->insertMultiple($data);
    } 

With

protected function doReplace($urls)
{
    foreach ($this->createFilterDataBasedOnUrls($urls) as $type => $urlData) {
        $urlData[UrlRewrite::ENTITY_TYPE] = $type;
        $this->deleteByData($urlData);
    }
    $data = [];
    $storeId_requestPaths = [];
    foreach ($urls as $url) {
        $storeId = $url->getStoreId();
        $requestPath = $url->getRequestPath();
        // Skip if is exist in the database
        $sql = "SELECT * FROM url_rewrite where store_id = $storeId and request_path = '$requestPath'";
        $exists = $this->connection->fetchOne($sql);

if ($exists) continue;

$storeId_requestPaths[] = $storeId . '-' . $requestPath;
        $data[] = $url->toArray();
    }

// Remove duplication data;
    $n = count($storeId_requestPaths);
    for ($i = 0; $i < $n - 1; $i++) {
        for ($j = $i + 1; $j < $n; $j++) {
            if ($storeId_requestPaths[$i] == $storeId_requestPaths[$j]) {
                unset($data[$j]);
            }
        }
    }
    $this->insertMultiple($data);
}

If it is working for you please give Kudos and Accept it as a solution.