cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Multi site cart not displaying correctly

SOLVED

Magento 2 Multi site cart not displaying correctly

Hi I relatively new to Magento and I am building a multi site install of Magento 2 and the cart is not displaying correctly on all  sites.

The primary domain gamedepot.uk seems to be working as it should. I can add products and it displays correctly in the mini cart and I can view the cart page correctly.

The other domains are not working correctly. I seem to be able to add products to the cart but they do not display correctly in the mini cart and I cannot select the cart page. The addition domains are gamedepot.co.uk, gamedepot.eu, technologyandmedia.uk and technologyandmedia.co.uk

I recently had cloudways migrate my site from siteground and during the process there were a number of issues in which they needed to make changes to permissions on some folders and they also created some sym links, that did not exist before. I have done some work on the site since and cannot establish when the cart stopped working as I was not focusing on checkout or the cart. I believe it was working before the move.

I am not an experienced developer and I may have done something wrong myself, 
can anyone review the sites and suggest where I might need to look. I do not know if I should be looking in Magento admin or if this is an issue in PHP or similar. I am not familiar with PHP at all. It seems to me like it might be a setting in my theme. I am using Infortis Ultimo, but I cannot work out which setting. I did do some changes to the header at a similar time to me noticing this but even after rolling back to a previous backup has not solved the problem.

I am not using the very latest build of 2.3 would my set up includes child theme. Would updating to a new build possible solve the problem?

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Michael

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 Multi site cart not displaying correctly

when you do add to cart 302 status code so some thing on server side

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

I made contact with my servers helpdesk after seeing CROS errors in the developer console. The did something and the issue has been improved. But now I cannot add anything to the cart of gamedepot.co.uk. I can all the other domains.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

As I see seems it is a cookie domain issue.

so configure properly cookie domain and check it

If works then mark as solution

Sunil Patel

Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated, However I think i did what you suggested and it does not seem to work. I changed the cookie domain to this format

gamedepot.co.uk

gamedepot.eu

etc for each store, no www.

I also set the cookie path to /

l left the cookie timings to 3600

I left to use http only

But it does not seem to do anything. 

To be honest I know nothing of cookies however IMO it is a cookie issue as it looks more like a design issue. I can see the cart correctly on gamedepot.uk but on the other domains when you mouse over it does not appear to display correctly, which makes me think I have broken something in the layout. But as I say this is only my opinion and I am no expert.

I welcome any further information.

I can always Enable Template Path Hints for Storefront if that would assist anyone to see it

Regards

Michael

Hello @michaelgshaw 

After the cookie change, you checked into incognito mode.

Sunil Patel

when you do add to cart 302 status code so some thing on server side

Sunil Patel

I made contact with my servers helpdesk after seeing CROS errors in the developer console. The did something and the issue has been improved. But now I cannot add anything to the cart of gamedepot.co.uk. I can all the other domains.

It looks as though the issue was the CROS error and when the hosting provide support team looked at it they changed one of the secure base url's to gamedepot.uk instead of gamedepot.co.uk

Thank you for your help