cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 products losing friendly url

Magento 2 products losing friendly url

I'm currently on Magento 2.2.6 EE and every few days we have to run a custom module that rebuilds the friendly url rewrites.  It seems as though after some amount of time certain products lose their friendly urls.

I've not found a direct correlation between editing a product and it losing that friendly url, but it does seem as though the products that are losing it were edited recently (problem is a fairly large number of products get edited).

Is there any way we can figure out what is going on and why we're losing friendly urls?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2 products losing friendly url

I just want to clarify -  running the rebuild of url's nightly isn't much of an option for us since this issue can come about randomly during the day, and google Adwords can send users to a page that is now a 404.

The URL for that particular product might not exist in the URL Rewrites of Magento, the way I solved the issue was by manually creating a product URL rewrite for each category manually. It's a long process my friend, otherwise use an extension.

Hi Joseph,

Any outcome on this issue? My website is also having the same problem (running on Magento EE 2.1.17). I also have to create a script to report missing url products hourly. Would really appreciate if you have any hint to resolve this.