Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento hangs when I click Save and Continue Edit

SOLVED

Magento hangs when I click Save and Continue Edit

Windows 10, Magento 2.1, XAMPP

Stores > attributes > product > add new attribute > properties

fill in [Default Label] and click — Save and Continue Edit. It says please wait... and the software hangs.

Same hang in both Firefox and Chrome.

Nothing needs to be reindexed.

I read this on another site:
"Forever turning wheel" is a clear indication of an asynchronous processing failure.

My guess is the database is missing something or maybe a file is missing.

I am new to Magento, can someone help me? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento hangs when I click Save and Continue Edit

I too had the same problem when i am working with windows 2 months back. Waiting all the way to complete a single request. I don't think this is missing database problem. It is server side issue only(means platform).

Then I moved to Linux machine and now everything works great. So I am suggesting you to use LAMP Environment for working with Magento 2 without frustration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I too had the same problem when i am working with windows 2 months back. Waiting all the way to complete a single request. I don't think this is missing database problem. It is server side issue only(means platform).

Then I moved to Linux machine and now everything works great. So I am suggesting you to use LAMP Environment for working with Magento 2 without frustration.

Thanks for your reply.

It's unfortunate that Magento 2.1 advertises to work on Windows when it doesn't. I cannot buy a new computer just to run Magento.