cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Magento 2.0.4 Setting Up Wont Store the Passwords.

Paypal Magento 2.0.4 Setting Up Wont Store the Passwords.

Hi All,

I am trying to enter my paypal credentials to the Magento 2.0.4 set up screens.

When I paste the paypal username and password in, strings appear of "************************" (well little black dots actually) which are the correct length.

Then, when I save and try and complete a transaction on the shopping cart, the system cannot login to paypal (a little box pops up saying password wrong).

So then, I go back into Stores->Configuration->Sales->Payment and display my paypal settings to check them, and I get the following screen.  You can see, the user and password are clearly chopped off when they are retrieved - because I entered and saved far longer strings.

Additionally, whats with the strange ,,,4,0 string where my certificate filename was uploaded?  That also appears to be wrong.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Paypal Magento 2.0.4 Setting Up Wont Store the Passwords.

The number of the placeholder dots in the password inputs does not depend on a password length. It is not a bug but the normal behaviour.

Thankyou for you help.

I'll go and see what else could be wrong and assume for now that the passwords storage is correct.

Thanks again for confirming that. 

Do you know anything about that filename string by any chance? - The ,,,4,0 

I think something is seriously wrong with magento's paypal integration.

For me, I just get the rotating wheel. I think about migrating my store to another e-commerce solution.

Currently nobody can do any payments... not good for business.

Hi, thanks for your input.

Is this the only place to attempt to get any help with Magento?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be nobody here other than a couple of great individuals.

So whilst this is helpful, it's not exactly a fast paced thriving forum of activity.

In terms of the Paypal not working, and your spinning circle, have you looked at my other thread?  The solution was to speak with my host - i've copied their reply which may help you yourself with any luck.

My plan was to become an expert in Magento 2, but to be truthful, it isn't worth it right now by the looks of things.  Facilities like payment processor integration, (in particular a popular one like Paypal) should have been tested and working before release.  Maybe they were, maybe its my fault, but no support makes it a mountain hard to climb when problems arise.

It's just no good releasing update after update on people expecting them to battle through with no support.  Additionally, I have spent $100 on a Magento 2 theme, and at the moment I feel I am wasting my time AND money on this.

I may be forced to step back a version, but with the threat of support dropping for the older version in a year or two,  I find myself in a tight spot.

I guess I will give it another couple of weeks and see how far I get.  If I can get Paypal working, that would be excellent and a real motivator for me to fight on.