cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please correct the XML data and try again. Element 'default': This element is not expected

SOLVED

Please correct the XML data and try again. Element 'default': This element is not expected

I am having some strange behaviour in contact us page I can't save at all.

Please correct the XML data and try again. Element 'default': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( referenceContainer, container, update, move ). Line: 1

Now the problem is that I don't have an xml update in Design Tab. Follow screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 10.59.09.png

I have not Idea where to start to looking for this.

Can anyone give some help/advise please I appreciate.

Thank you.

Juliano.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please correct the XML data and try again. Element 'default': This element is not expected

I am replying to myself and anybody who encounter the same problem.

So the problem was with migration from 1.9.2 to 2.1.4 where there was custom layout updates but not showing in admin however I find out in the Contact Us in database there was a custom layout update which is magento 2 the xml structure and naming has changed.

Problem solved!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Please correct the XML data and try again. Element 'default': This element is not expected

I am replying to myself and anybody who encounter the same problem.

So the problem was with migration from 1.9.2 to 2.1.4 where there was custom layout updates but not showing in admin however I find out in the Contact Us in database there was a custom layout update which is magento 2 the xml structure and naming has changed.

Problem solved!