cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while trying to set up Cart rule Buy X Get Y free

Problem while trying to set up Cart rule Buy X Get Y free

Hello, I am trying to set up Promotional code for Buy X and Get Y free, so when user buy 3 items to get 1 for free. I set up the Cart rule from this video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC60N6MUsN4), but when try to apply on cart page, nothing happen there. Message in green appear that the code is applied, but the discount is not applied. Where can I wrong guys, is there somewhere settings in Magento 2 that must be enabled or something that I missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problem while trying to set up Cart rule Buy X Get Y free

Hi @kostianev 

You have created the rule correctly. I have created the rule on Latest magento version and it is working fine. 

Please let me know which magento version you are getting this issue.

I hope you are aware of this thing that this rule will applied when we purchase same item quantity (2) to get 3rd product as free. (Buy 2 get 1 free) cart_rule2.pngcart_rule.png

I am sharing some screenshots for reference.

Thanks!

Hi, I am using Magento ver. 2.3.1. You can test the Code "3FOR2" live here on this link. The system accept the code, but nothing happen.

I am thinking, is it possible the problem accrue from 3rd part extension? Like One page checkout or something like that?

Hi @kostianev 

Could you please share screenshots of your rule configuration as well.

And You can cross check after disabling one Page checkout extension as well.

Thanks!

Hello, I made video clip, with the current settings of the promotional code rule and the extension disabled. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ZE0LfjTJJGRBH-kpezcGFQ_9UyW7jvx

You can try and see what happens live on this link, where is uploaded the shop.

Hello,

Is there any way we can test this issue on any of your development server. 

Seems like something else is creating issue in your server, We need to debug that.

Thanks!