cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Url rewrite appending .html.html

Url rewrite appending .html.html

I noticed some of my products had an extra .html at the end. http://supreme1.nextmp.net/mace-peppergard-hot-pink-model.html.html

Any help?
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Url rewrite appending .html.html

Please publish the backend "URL Key" option screenshot for the problem product: https://mage2.pro/t/831

I also noticed that i cant get rid of category name in the URL. Its set to NO, and most products have it. Tried running reindexer in SSH, cleared cache, no effect

I looking into switching to Prestashop. This magento community seems dead..

I have the same problem too. Did you find any solution at this time?

I found when updating a product, if URL key has changed the option to "Create Permanent Redirect URL" creates an entry with the ".html.html" suffix. 

Also noticed when saving a category, a bunch of new url rewrite entries with the ".html.html" suffix are created. 

I resorted to turning off "Create Permennt Redirect URLs" to NO in System > Configuration > Catalog > Search Engine Optimization". 

However I have not yet resolved the problem with Category. Having to manually remove these entries in DB. 

I have fix this problem

1-step run query

UPDATE url_rewrite SET request_path = REPLACE(request_path, '.html.html', '.html');

UPDATE url_rewrite SET request_path = REPLACE(request_path, '-html.html', '.html');

2-clear all cache of magento and your browser and access it

why do I need to do it twice?

UPDATE url_rewrite SET request_path = REPLACE(request_path, '-html.html', '.html');

looks like same - it worked. 

however few days later I notice some items were showing .html.html again. I tracked down the issue, it was because I changed the name of the  Category. all those items associated with the category were effective by it.    so basically I hope there is a solution for this I am afraid to add or change any categories 

does any one recommend any permanent solution for this....I migrated all the product from 1.9 version to 2.1.1  using the tool.

now I have the 2.1.1 is working great. however all the old products are appending hrml.html at the end of the url. I basically I had to  truncate url_rewrite table. saved all the categories and that created new urls it looked good for few days now slowly I am noticing some url are changing again. this is not good for any business. any help is appreciated 

The new items that are entered into 2.1.1 are not effected by this bug only the old items from 1.9.

Thanks