cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I browse to files uploaded via FTP to magento/pub

Why can't I browse to files uploaded via FTP to magento/pub

We use shiprush (desktop version) for our shipping labels.  I'm supposed to upload 4 .PHP files to the root of my Magento install.  I have placed them in my magento/pub directory, which is my root.  My connection from my site to shiprush cannot be established.  Their tech support tried to browse to the PHP files and they come up as 404 page not found.  Do I need to run any commands after uploading the files?  I had the same issue when I first uploaded a .pdf document to the same location but it finally was able to be found in the browser.  I'm not sure what "fixed" the pdf because I had moved on to other things (installing extensions/modules, updating my CSS files, etc) so during that time had run a lot of the commands so I'm not sure which one did it, if any.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why can't I browse to files uploaded via FTP to magento/pub

Having php scripts in root is not a proper way of doing this with Magento. 

That being said, if you really insist on this implementation, it's your server (apache/nginx/whatever you're using) that's preventing you from accessing php files other than specific ones like index.php in that root. You'll need to update that on your specific server.

Founder at https://agency418.com

@keystoneke3419 

Hey,

Can you check the file permission it should be 777 and also which server you used ? if support available from server side than ask them to just whitelisted the new uploaded files so these files can easily accessible via front.

Thank You!

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Thanks for your replies.  The solution was that my host had to change how ngnix read the PHP files in the /pub folder.