cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.csv Import: How to escape commas in additional_attributes?

.csv Import: How to escape commas in additional_attributes?

I am importing products via .csv import.  I have an additional_attribute field that contains commas.  Commas are the delimiter within additional_attributes, and when i try to import my products, all of the additional attribute fields that contains commas get cut off after the first comma.  How can i prevent this?

I defaulted to adding a product with a comma in the additional attribute field through the admin and exported it.  It looked normal, as shown below at "the battlefield, draw".  But if i try to import that same .csv file the text will be cut off after "battlefield"

I tried a forward slash(backslash?) to no avail. I even surrounded the text in double-quotes for the import... no dice...

color=White,magic_card_number=125,magic_cmc=4,magic_expansion=Alliances,magic_flavor_text=<p>coming soon</p>,magic_power=1,magic_rarity=Common,magic_rules_text=<p>Flying</p>
<p>When Carrier Pigeons enters the battlefield, draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.</p>,magic_toughness=1,magic_type=Creature,manufacturer=Wizards of the Coast

Didn't want to double-post, but i really need help with this... anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: .csv Import: How to escape commas in additional_attributes?

Didn't want to double-post, but i really need help with this... anyone?

Hi,

I too faced the same problem. Did you get any solution for this?

Regards,

Abdul

You can use quotes and enable Fields Enclosure option

For example (" bold) here are commas in one field:

<pre>

... ,"gibrid=""F1"",grunt=""З"",latin_name=""Cucumis sativus,"",naznachenie_upotreblenia=""С,К"",opylenietype=""С"",plod_dlinna=""10-12"",plod_massa=""85-110"",posadkatime=""апрель"",skolkoletnee=""О"",sozrevanie=""СК""",1.0000,0.0000,1,0,0,1,1.0000,0,0.0000,1,1,,1,0,1,1,0.0000,1,0,0,0,,,,,,,/h/t/httprostokvill.rupubmediaimportklm10006_b.jpg,Примадонна,,,,,,,,,,,

</pre>