cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lot of main.INFO: Broken reference: errors

lot of main.INFO: Broken reference: errors

Hi,

I'm getting lot of main.INFO: Broken reference: error but everything is working. Can this be fixed?

[2022-09-07T10:43:17.440005+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'product.info.upsell.sidebar' tries to reorder itself towards 'catalog.product.related.sidebar', but their parents are different: 'sidebar.main' and '' respectively. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:17.440136+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'product.brand.img.sidebar' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'sidebar.main' and '' respectively. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:17.440290+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'view.addto.compare.additional' tries to reorder itself towards 'view.addto.wishlist', but their parents are different: 'product.info.addto.additional' and 'product.info.addto' respectively. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:17.440438+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'page.main.title' tries to reorder itself towards 'breadcrumbs', but their parents are different: 'page.top' and 'page.main.title' respectively. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:18.963729+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'category.image.bottom.content' tries to reorder itself towards 'category.products.list', but their parents are different: 'content' and 'category.products' respectively. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:42.702168+00:00] main.INFO: Reference to undeclared plugin with name 'mp-currency-formatter-sale-order-search-grid'. [] []
[2022-09-07T10:43:56.928826+00:00] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'category.image.bottom.content' tries to reorder itself towards 'category.products.list', but their parents are different: 'content' and 'category.products' respectively. [] []

4 REPLIES 4

Re: lot of main.INFO: Broken reference: errors

Hello @caos989 

For quick fix, you can just add the following file.

app/design/frontend/vendor_name/theme_name/Magento_Theme/page_layout/1column.xml

with following code:

<layout xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_layout.xsd">
<container name="sidebar.additional" label="Sidebar Additional" htmlTag="div"/>
<referenceContainer name="sidebar.additional" remove="true"/>
 <container name="sidebar.main" label="Sidebar Main" htmlTag="div"/>
<referenceContainer name="sidebar.main" remove="true"/> 

it will remove following two error from system.log

• Broken reference: sidebar_additional
  • Broken reference: sidebar_main
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

I don't have a 1column.xml file in this folder.

Just: column-vertical.xml, product-with-sticky-info-2.xml and product-with-sticky-info.xml

So what can I do now?

sorry wrong post

I uploaded 1column.xml in app/design/frontend/Mgs/claue/Magento_Theme/page_layout with  this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <container name="sidebar.additional" label="Sidebar Additional" htmlTag="div">
        <referenceBlock name="catalog.compare.sidebar" remove="true"/>
        <referenceBlock name="sale.reorder.sidebar" remove="true"/>
        <referenceBlock name="wishlist_sidebar" remove="true" />
        <referenceBlock name="custom.sidebar.content" remove="true" />
    </container>
</layout>

but this is not the solution because after that update you can't see the very important blocks like: compare etc

the error LOG says:
main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'catalog.compare.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'sale.reorder.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'wishlist_sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'custom.sidebar.content' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'catalog.product.related.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.main', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'product.info.upsell.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.main', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'product.brand.img.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.main', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

So I tried to change my 1column.xml to:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <container name="sidebar.additional" label="Sidebar Additional" htmlTag="div">
    </container>
    <container name="sidebar.main" label="Sidebar Main" htmlTag="div">
    </container>
</layout>

This looks like all blocks stays where the should and the errors are also gone. Do you think this is the correct solution?

Now I have also this errors:

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'skip_gallery_before' tries to reorder itself towards 'product.info.media.image', but their parents are different: 'skip_gallery_before.wrapper' and 'product.info.media' respectively. [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'skip_gallery_after' tries to reorder itself towards 'product.info.media.image', but their parents are different: 'skip_gallery_after.wrapper' and 'product.info.media' respectively. [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'view.addto.compare.additional' tries to reorder itself towards 'view.addto.wishlist', but their parents are different: 'product.info.addto.additional' and 'product.info.addto' respectively. [] []

main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'page.main.title' tries to reorder itself towards 'breadcrumbs', but their parents are different: 'page.top' and 'page.main.title' respectively. [] []

So what should I do here?