cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your session has expired" after clicking Add to Cart button on product page

SOLVED

"Your session has expired" after clicking Add to Cart button on product page

I'm trying to help my 12 year old son learn web development. We have installed Magento 2 on XAMPP on his Win10 laptop. Please note that although I have experience with building and fixing desktop computers, I have no experience with this stuff.

After fixing several issues we can now access admin and browse the website frontend via localhost/DemoMagentoWebsite. However when we try to add something to the basket we get the message "Your session has expired". 

After a search we found a possible solution that says to make a change for magento to work on the IP 127.0.0.1/DemoMagentoWebsite/ but after changing it in the database core_config_data table, the website redirects back to localhost/DemoMagentoWebsite. I've tried an incognito window but no luck.

We're unable to find any solutions in forums or youtube videos that we can make sense of. 

Can anyone help us solve this issue so we can move on to the next one? 

Thanks,

Eric and Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Your session has expired" after clicking Add to Cart button on product page

I just found that deleting the folders in var/cache fixed this problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: "Your session has expired" after clicking Add to Cart button on product page

I just found that deleting the folders in var/cache fixed this problem.

It works, thanks a lot. Do you remember why/how you came to that conclusion?