cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.3.6-p1 to 2.4.2

SOLVED

2.3.6-p1 to 2.4.2

Hi, 

I'm reading over the documentation to upgrade to the latest Magento release and I came across this:

Upgrade Magento | Magento 2 Developer Documentation

"The following instructions show you how to upgrade Magento using Composer. Magento 2.4.2 introduced support for Composer 2. If you are attempting to upgrade from Magento <2.4.1, you must first upgrade to a version of Magento that is compatible with Composer 2 (for example, 2.4.2) using Composer 1 before upgrading to Composer 2 for Magento >2.4.2 upgrades."

Does that mean that I can't go straight to the latest version until I upgrade to a version that uses composer 2? I'm a little confused. I want to be sure before trying to upgrade. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2.3.6-p1 to 2.4.2

Hi @hecs_m 

If you are using composer 2, then you need to first upgrade you Magento 2.3.6-p1 to m2.4.1 with composer 1 then m2.4.1 to m2.4.2 with composer 2. But that doesn't makes Sense. 

In your case you can run upgrade from 2.3.6-p1 to 2.4.2 straight with Composer 1 

If my answer is useful please accept as solution and give kudo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @hecs_m 

If you are using composer 2, then you need to first upgrade you Magento 2.3.6-p1 to m2.4.1 with composer 1 then m2.4.1 to m2.4.2 with composer 2. But that doesn't makes Sense. 

In your case you can run upgrade from 2.3.6-p1 to 2.4.2 straight with Composer 1 

If my answer is useful please accept as solution and give kudo

Hi @shikha1193 

Yeah I guess I'm gonna try and hope for the best Smiley Happy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.