Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 after upgrade to 2.3.5

Error 500 after upgrade to 2.3.5

Hello,
after upgrading from version 2.3.2 to version 2.3.5,
the admin area works. In the frontend I receive the following message:

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Exception): Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in xxxx/vendor/magento/framework/App/AreaList.php on line 78

Exception #0 (Exception): Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in xxxx/vendor/magento/framework/App/AreaList.php on line 78
<pre>#1 Magento\Framework\App\AreaList->getCodeByFrontName() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php:111]
#2 Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/Http/Interceptor.php:24]
#3 Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor->launch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php:261]
#4 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run() called at [index.php:39]
</pre>

after installation I ran the following commands:

rm -rf var/cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* generated/* pub/static/*
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush

The php version is 7.2.
The theme set is luma.

Thanks in advance!

Carlo

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error 500 after upgrade to 2.3.5

hi @bs2bs 

for magento 2.3.5 , Magento recommends using PHP 7.3 .. try upgrading your PHP version , this might be the cause of error

If my answer is useful , click Kudos and Accept as Answer

Hey,

Did you get to the bottom of this? I'm having the same problem with PHP 7.3

Any progress with this? I am having the same problem with a fresh install. PHP  7.4 and have tried every other version with same outcome. Any help would be great.

My web host just upgraded to PHP 7.4. Magento 2.3.5 CE and I'm having the exact same issue. Site was working fine with PHP 7.3. Going to request they roll it back for me and see if anything changes.