cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 products are not showing anymore on frontend?

after upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 products are not showing anymore on frontend?

HI, 

I've upgraded my magento 2.1.6 to 2.1.7, all went well exept on the frontend all the products are gone. They are there in the backend but I cannot find the way to show the frontend products. Also via SSH while using the CLI catalog:images:resize it gives back :

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Please is there anyone who could help me get this fixed? Thank you in advance,

wishing you all a great day, Mariska

5 REPLIES 5

Re: after upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 products are not showing anymore on frontend?

Hi Mariska,

did you ever find a fix?

I'm having the same issue. So far I found out that magento is crafting very weird queries for the database. Its joining against a temporary search-related table which contains a search-result-score... because of this nothing is showing... this is super awkward.

regards

Ludwig

Re: after upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 products are not showing anymore on frontend?

so in my case it was due to the indexer not really finishing due to a local misconfiguration of xdebug, it ran into max_nesting_level 256

Hi @ludwiggramberg

Thank you for your reply and answers.

I didn't find a fix myself, the template is was using was causing the issue after the upgrade.

they got the update for the template and used the command in CLI to resize images.

That helped me to get it up and running again.

Hello @RockMariska 

Libpng-1.6 is more stringent about checking ICC profiles than previous versions. You can ignore the warning. To get rid of it, remove the iCCP chunk from the PNG image.

Some applications treat warnings as errors; if you are using such an application you do have to remove the chunk. You can do that with any of a variety of PNG editors such as ImageMagick's convert in.png out.png.

To remove the invalid iCCP chunk from all of the PNG files in a folder (directory), you can use ImageMagick's mogrify *.png, provided that your ImageMagick was built with libpng16 (run convert -list format | grep PNG to be sure of that).

If you'd like to find out which files need to be fixed instead of blindly processing all of them, you can run my pngcrush -n -q *.png where the "-n" means don't rewrite the files and "-q" means suppress most of the output except for warnings. Sorry, there's no option yet in pngcrush to suppress everything but the warnings.

or 

Run below command 

Use find . -type f -name '*.png' -execute mogrify \{\} \; to recursively modify .png files in current directory. 

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

@gelanivishal,

Doing copy/paste a two years + old reply that you found in stackoverflow  and not bothering to attribute the real author (a respected developer) is considered stealing.  It is not by distraction or done by "brevity".  It is intentionally unethical.  You have done it at least twice with this particular post (yeah, you did it also here).  It is a shameful practice, and one of the ugliest and most common thing that incompetent people do to try and look smart when they are not.  I have been victim of this type of "freshness" many times and can't stand seeing this.

I can see the expression "Magento Master" next to your avatar.  If you are a "Master", then I can only imagine what does it takes to adquire such "title".   You should apologize to the author of the original post and your readers. And you should not be considered a "Master" of anything, other than a "Master of Deception".  Always attribute credits to credits owner. And when you don't know something, just don't say anything. Don't pretend to be smarter by abusing others.