cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone switched from Bigcommerce to Magento? Any Regrets?

Has anyone switched from Bigcommerce to Magento? Any Regrets?

Has anyone made the switch from Bigcommerce to Magento recently?  Any Regrets?  Any loss in sales?  Any tips on switching over?

I have been struggling with Bigcommerce for several years now.  I understand that Magento CE is going to take a lot more work on my end, which I am ok with, especially upfront.

My issue is that Bigcommerce seems to spend more time making their control panel look good that changing some things that many of us have asked for and they have promised for years.  I would rather have more control over things.  I realize there is a big learning curve, but I am confident I can find the resources I need online and through here.

Product options are probably the biggest issue for me right now.  BigCommerce product options are very cumbersome.  It takes way to long to add them to a product.  For a lot of my items, it would be better to have a "Parent/Child" Relationship.  That appears to be what is available in Magento 2 with configurable and simple products.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Has anyone switched from Bigcommerce to Magento? Any Regrets?

Hey,
We used to setup bigcommerce (interspire) for the clients a few years ago when they had a downloadable version and we still host a few of those stores but all are working on switching to Magento 2 now. Bigcommerce is a nice system if you need a basic store but, as soon as you want something more advanced, you can feel the limitations right away. Different with Magento. Just today, at Magento Imagine, they showed how closely core developers work with the community to implement new features people actually need and use. On another seminars, a third party research company shared results of a study which showed 95% of merchants who switched​ to Magento 2 would recommend​ it and would do this again and a few actual merchants, who switched, shared the experience. You will not regret this upgrade. Just get a good host who is optimized for M2 and a system integrator who will help you to set things up and you will be a part of that 95%
Good luck and hope to see you on the next Imagine in Vegas Smiley Happy
Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Thanks for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.  I am planning to go ahead with the transition.  I figured I will take some time and update all my pictures and a few of my descriptions while I am at it before I go live.  Have you ever tried one of those extensions that will move it all over from bigcommerce for you?  I saw there is one for regular magento, but I didn't see anything for Magento 2.x

We use shopping-cart-migration.com to move data for our clients from other systems to Magento 2.
The only other method I know would be exporting data from bigcommerce and importing to Magento.
Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Hi

We are glad to help you with your case. 

We have been working on Magento development for over 10 years and we can be sure that it will be better for you to switch from Bigcommerce to Magento if you want to expand your business as well as manage it easily. 

You can take a look at one of our articles: Guide to Migrate from BigCommerce to Magento in 2021. 

Hope it helps you out. 

If you need further consultancy, please do feel free to reach out to us via:

Thank you