cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Understanding Magento Ecommerce Website

SOLVED

Help in Understanding Magento Ecommerce Website

Hi

I am a merchant , who has asked a Magento Developer to develop a website. He has only provided us with an admin panel . I just wanted ask if that is all is required or there should also be a control panel , which should have been provided to me as well.

I will appreciate your help in this matter , as I am quite new to this world of websites etc.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help in Understanding Magento Ecommerce Website

Hello @preetwelchbc1e 

The admin panel of Magento is the only tool which will be managing your website, As a merchant, you should have server access and database access too, also you can limit the access of developers on both in case you feel any sensitive information you don't want to share.

Payment gateway information should not be shared with developers or any person, you can just create a test account for them so they can make test orders.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Help in Understanding Magento Ecommerce Website

Hello @preetwelchbc1e 

The admin panel of Magento is the only tool which will be managing your website, As a merchant, you should have server access and database access too, also you can limit the access of developers on both in case you feel any sensitive information you don't want to share.

Payment gateway information should not be shared with developers or any person, you can just create a test account for them so they can make test orders.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy