cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting My Website into Magento

Shifting My Website into Magento

Hi, I am working on an ecommerce website originally developed in Wordpress but after some bad experiences and reviews from friends. I am thinking of shifting it into magento since it is purely ecommerce based. I want to ask is it a good option or not? Will it affect the websites components? Feel free to give suggestions. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Shifting My Website into Magento

Hi @macmillerme59d 

Yes, Magento is the best option for e-commerce websites. It is more secure and Magento release security updates regularly.

You can check the Magento feature list in the below document.
https://magento.com/sites/default/files/Magento%20Commerce%20Full%20Feature%20List%202.2.2%20Screen....

https://info2.magento.com/rs/magentosoftware/images/magento-feature-list.pdf

I hope it will help you!

Hello @macmillerme59d 

it is based on you.

If small eCommerce business then you can start with Shopify.

But with multiple website and large catalog you can go with Magento

I hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

@macmillerme59d Magento is an extremely robust eCommerce platform. Compared to WooCommerce, it's considered more time consuming and expensive to launch and maintain a Magento site. Magento is mainly targeted to mid-market and enterprise eCommerce stores.

Depending on what headaches you had with WooCommerce, you may or may not find Magento to be a better fit. It really depends on what your resources and expectations look like. 

If your WordPress website is healthy, and you just don't like WooCommerce, you might consider swapping WooCommerce for BigCommerce, for instance. That way, you have a SaaS eCommerce solution that integrates directly into your WordPress site.

I'm certainly a huge fan of Magento, but looking at metrics like your brand's social media following, I'm not sure if Magento is the best fit for your current needs.

Best of luck!

Hello @macmillerme59d 

Greetings!

Yes, Magento is the best and leading platform for eCommerce sites.

E-commerce websites need a reliable platform as it requires handling a wide range of products, must be able to handle the demands and needs of different types of requirements, able to handle the website traffic.

Magento platform is robust as it handles large traffic and transactions without losing speed and connectivity.

Good to go!

If need any help, can contact us anytime!

Happy to help you.

All the best!

Stay safe!

Magento is based on open-source technology, just like WordPress. Magento offers great features like producing reports, mobile commerce, SEO, and many other important management tools. Furthermore, Magento is more protected than WordPress; third-party extensions and plugins are also available in large quantities. So, it is a better decision to shift to Magento.

@Robert Rand Hi sir i have some question if i want to migrate my simple WordPress website into Magento. it should be paid or free. and does it will effect my website ranking or not best regards.  

Hi @molly7872g3200

Magento Open Source is free, much like WordPress.You're responsible for installing the software, hosting it, and addressing software patches and maintenance. 

However, Magento 2 (Magento 1 is no longer supported, so it's not a secure platform) is more robust than WordPress. It requires more technical knowledge, and more hosting resources when compared to WordPress. In simplest terms, WordPress is built to be a great choice for SMB users, and Magento has been evolving to focus more heavily on mid-market and enterprise eCommerce users. Magento is best suited for businesses that will benefit from its more robust capabilities. If WordPress is a Toyota, Magento is a Mercedes. These two are not equivalent products. 

There is a paid version of Magento - Magento Commerce (formerly known as Magento Enterprise) which a minority of users leverage. This is a great option for brands that will use enough of the extra features included in this premium package, but the price tag starts in the tens of thousands of dollars per year. 

In either case, there is no automatic migration from WordPress/WooCommerce to Magento. If you have a simple site, you'll probably wind up copying things over manually. If you have a lot of data to move, like a large product catalog, you might consider a paid migration service like https://marketplace.magento.com/magneticone-cart2cart-migration-from-woocommerce.html, but you'd still need to address setting up your Magento site, including a variety of content and settings.

When you migrate, if you pay attention to SEO factors, such as keeping your URL structure the same, your rankings shouldn't be negatively impacted. That is to say, they may fluctuate to some extent, but if your content, backlinks, and other SEO elements remain the same, you shouldn't expect any significant long-term decrease. If you optimize your new site well, you may even see some long-term ranking improvements. If you plan to proceed, I can recommend some materials that can help.

Unless you're a web developer (or want to be one), I'd highly recommend hiring one for any Magento 2 store deployment as well as for ongoing patching and maintenance. The learning curve for Magento 2 is a lot steeper than WordPress.

Best of luck!

Hello @macmillerme59d 

Yes, Magento is, without a doubt, the best option for e-commerce websites. It is more secure, as Magento constantly issues security upgrades.

Because Magento is a flexible and more secured platform for e-commerce. It is one of the best e-commerce platforms in terms of features, support, security. You can develop a fully scalable and better e-commerce store by using Magento.

You can check the Magento feature list  below

• Versatile Content Management. 
  • Mobile-Friendly Configuration.
  •  Advanced Search Engine Optimization.
  • Powerful and Spacious.
  • Built-in Upsells and Cross-sells. 
  •  Easy Third-party Integrations.
  • Customize Security Permissions.

I hope it is of benefit to you!

Hello @macmillerme59d 

According to me , yes,moving your website in Magento would be great . Magento is the best online platform for your eCommerce store which will helps in increasing your website performance and provide better scalability . It is highly secure and easy to integrate . It has various extensions and plugins which provide various features and functionality.

For more details regarding Magento 2 extensions and features , you can check " Elsner store" 

Good to go!

All the best!

Stay safe!