cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why you should not move to Magento commerce cloud!

Why you should not move to Magento commerce cloud!

Hello Folks,

I represent an e-commerce company from India(Asia).
I moved from Open Source to Cloud commerce and I am badly stuck!

Background:

My Primary reason for moving to commerce cloud from open source was assured improvement in performance, however, my latency has gone up by 9x since I moved to Magento Cloud Commerce.

Issue:

Instead of giving me any of the Asian instances of AWS, Magento gave me US/Europe region AWS. I have been begging them to move me to Mumbai (India) AWS instance but they won't buzz.

I am an enterprise customer, yet I am not getting any relief/help from Magento. 

Reasons to avoid Magento Cloud commerce:

- Enterprise - doesn't mean they will actually support you even with critical issues

- You will end up paying a license fee and be at the mercy of Magento 

- You can see the performance of your site is degrading because of Magento's fault and you won't be able to do anything about it 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Why you should not move to Magento commerce cloud!

It sounds like the performance issue is definitely a result of latency and not the Cloud platform itself. 

What's the reason that Magento gave for not willing to move you to AWS's Asian based locations? 

Yes, you are absolutely right.

They are not giving any reason or justification for not giving local AWS. They are just blankly telling me that this what they offer.

I've been chasing them for over a week and now they have even stopped responding to me. 

If they do not offer any AWS locations beside US and Europe, maybe it's time you consider a self-hosted solution as the latency will definitely be very high if your target audience is based in Asia while the servers are at half the world away. 

Yes, even we are contemplating going for On-prem or community.

It's just that we have paid money to the enterprise guys already. We'll have to figure out a way to get out of it.

But it's sad that a company like Magento will create such a product (cloud commerce) and take customers for a ride.

Maybe something got stuck in Magento support queue but you will definitely find some help to keep going with your Cloud or on-premise solution quickly (directly from Magento or in this forum).  Hopefully there will be available instance of AWS in your area to make sure that latency is not a problem anymore, last resort will be moving to local servers, at least temporarly. 

Let's move Magento 2 to Sass. Can you help?

Hi @Shankx, so sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please reach out with details at sherrie [at] magento [dot] com so I can help escalate with our team?

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hi, is the latency with your development environment or for your production environment? For production environments, we do offer Mumbai but we don't yet have an integration/development environment there... The closes to you would be Sydney. We are exploring opportunities to bring on more locations for integration/dev environments.

@pranavpiyush Its for the Production environment. I wouldn't have been so worried if it was just for the dev env.

Hi Sherrie,

Am newbie to Magento Forum and trying to get connect to Magento team via Form ,Email and Call on ASia and US number provided but unable to get through.

Request you if you can help me in getting Magento Commerce asap.