cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of "PayPal Checkout"

SOLVED

Integration of "PayPal Checkout"

Hello everyone,

I recently wanted to integrate PayPal Plus for a customers magento shop. It turned out, that it's no longer possible to register for "PayPal Plus". The new "PayPal Checkout" is the way to go now.

According to official PayPal docs (https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/upgrade-to-checkout) the integration in Magento will be available soon.

I searched the web for several hours now, but I'm not able to find any hint about "PayPal Checkout" and Magento. No Plugin, no statement from adobe, no third party mentioning "PayPal Checkout". Does anyone know, when to expect support for "PayPal Checkout" in Magento 2 ?

Just to make sure: I'm not talking about "PayPal Express Checkout"! It's literally "PayPal Checkout" which replaces "PayPal Plus".

Thanks for your feedback Smiley Happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Integration of "PayPal Checkout"

Hi @hloveall ,

alright then. Thanks for response. But a solution with additional charges are not an option for us.

Meanwhile, we reached out to PayPal Support. There is indeed not "PayPal Checkout" Integration available at the moment. They recommended to switch to "PayPal Express Checkout" until an official solution is released.
Sadly, the didn't mention any dates.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @mwlfricke ,

Here is the link https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/payment/paypal.html which provide you information about current out of the box supported paypal solution with Magento 2.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ankit Jasani

HmSmiley Surprised

Hi @Ankit Jasani ,

I'm aware of the existing solutions. 

Sorry, the link to "PayPal Checkout" in my question was wrong. I'm looking for the Magento solution to support this https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/upgrade-to-checkout.

As stated above, this replaces "PayPal Plus".

Best Regards

Hi @mwlfricke 

The Payment Services for Adobe Commerce extension uses a part of the PayPal Checkout experience called Advanced Credit and Debit Card payments. 

Here is a link to the guide

I'm happy to help with any other questions.

Harrison

Adobe Payment Services

Hello @hloveall,

that looks promising.

After I installed everything the Dashboard states:

"Get setup to process live payments. It's free and simple to apply. No charge until you go live."

I guess, it's not for free when I go live, isn't it?

Best Regards

HI @mwlfricke 

Correct. It is a per transaction charge for the live payments. 

If you need assistance with that or need further details on rate, please private message me for details.

Harrison

Hi @hloveall ,

alright then. Thanks for response. But a solution with additional charges are not an option for us.

Meanwhile, we reached out to PayPal Support. There is indeed not "PayPal Checkout" Integration available at the moment. They recommended to switch to "PayPal Express Checkout" until an official solution is released.
Sadly, the didn't mention any dates.

Best Regards

Hi @mwlfricke ,

Let me clarify, there are no additional transaction charges beyond PayPal’s.

Adobe controls the credit/debit card rate which would be charged either way by them if you signed up directly with PayPal.

I'm not sure what other PayPal Checkout is being referenced. We use the advanced integration under "Choose a way to integrate" https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments/checkout?locale.x=en_US&country.x=US<><>

Same problem / task here. Any news on the integration of PayPal CheckOut?

PayPal says it is not responsible and Adobe should deliver...

The current PayPay Plus will be deactivated end of September 2022. And the current plugin is therefore no longer supported.

Very grateful for any help.
Ben