cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Magento Order-number

Issue with Magento Order-number

We built a website with Magento 2.2 community version. We have got a strange issue with the Order number in Magento.

For example, Magento was at number 100034467 and the next order number that came in was 100034470. The order numbers 100034468, 100034469 were missing. Please see the below screenshot.

Order numbers.JPG

We have no idea what happened to the missing order numbers. Is this a normal one in Magento?

If this really an issue, please let me know your thoughts to resolve this.

Now is the peak season for us, we would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your help and support.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Issue with Magento Order-number

Hi @Siva_TN 

As per my understanding this is not an issue of Magento.

Every time user placed an order the quote is get converted into Order. And its totally depends on the number of user are visiting website and checking out OR placing order on your store.

We have many cases to understand this problem. More over for details I would suggest you to visit this link.

I hope it will help you.

Re: Issue with Magento Order-number

H

@PankajS_Magento wrote:

Hi @Siva_TN 

As per my understanding this is not an issue of Magento.

Every time user placed an order the quote is get converted into Order. And its totally depends on the number of user are visiting website and checking out OR placing order on your store.

We have many cases to understand this problem. More over for details I would suggest you to visit this link.

I hope it will help you.

Hi @PankajS_Magento ,

I understand its the default behavior of Magento. Can you please explain "And its totally depends on the number of user are visiting website and checking out OR placing order on your store."?