cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant

Hi,

I'm testing the checkout by clicking on paypal checkout button on the checkout page but it throws up this:

• PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant (#11601: Request for billing address failed).

Think I need some help with this setup it's starting to stress me out.

I thought there might be some demo content after install but not the case.

It kind of looks basic after installing magento, there was no nav menu, no front page products etc.

Sorry bit stressed after 24 hours of no sleep.

If anyone is interested in helping let me know, my patents have got the better of me today.

EDIT

I had ssl verification enabled in basic settings - paypal website payment standard
I changed it back to No and the paypal checkout seems to work,

Can someone tell me, do you you only enable use ssl verification if you have ssl on your own server?

When you're in paypal payment solutions, if you enable paypal payment standard you can't have express checkout enabled too?

It looks like the paypal payment standard has the issues, but the express checkout works if I enable it.

1 REPLY 1

Re: PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant