cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping address is set to the customer's Paypal shipping address.

Shipping address is set to the customer's Paypal shipping address.

Hi there,

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Problem:

When our customer use guest checkout at paypal, shipping address is set to the customer's Paypal shipping address.

Which confuse our customer.

We found a release note about CE 1.9 said "Require Customer’s Billing Address" seems can fixed the issue.

Refer:

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/m1x/ce19-ee114/ce1.9_release-notes.html?_ga=1.217766998.1357176112...

Changes to Pay With PayPal only:
        If the Magento administrator does not require the customer's billing address, the customer's billing address is set to the customer's PayPal shipping address.

If the Magento requires the customer's billing address, the customer's billing address is set to the customer's PayPal billing address.

However,

After we setup "Require Customer’s Billing Address=YES", when customer perform payment,

it prompt error from Paypal.

Refer: (Setup "Require Customer’s Billing Address=YES")

http://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/payment/paypal-customer-billing-address.html?_ga=1.21776699...

Error message:

• PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant (#11601: Request for billing address failed).

Anyone know how to "Enable Billing address request for merchant at PayPal"?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping address is set to the customer's Paypal shipping address.

Along with passing over the variable in your code, you also need to have the feature enabled on your account. For your live account you will need to contact PayPal Bussiness/Customer support and request this to be enabled on your account. I have enabled it on your sandbox account, you should now be able to test with it.

Hope it helpful

Re: Shipping address is set to the customer's Paypal shipping address.

Hi PomonaJs,

Thanks for your explanation.

I will Contact PayPal Bussiness/Customer support and request this to be enabled on your account.

Can you please guide me how to "Enable in paypal sandbox account?

As I don't understand how can you "Enable the setting in my sandbox account?

Because I never give paypal sandbox account to you......

Thanks.