cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Website Optimization Tips

Looking for Website Optimization Tips

Hi everyone,

I am currently attempting to improve traffic to our website. In the past couple of days, I have added meta keywords and meta descriptions to our categories, products, and pages. 

I am trying to figure out how to add h1 and h2 tags as well, but I'm not sure how to do that.

I've read that it's recommended to change the default Magento robots.txt file to "INDEX,FOLLOW" in order to improve the website's presence, but I'm not sure how to do that either.

I was wondering if anyone can help me by providing some tips for SEO, website speed optimization, and improving presence through google search.

Here is a link to our website: www.endlessartus.com

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Looking for Website Optimization Tips

Hello @sam_aleksanyan

Very useful question for everyone. If you have an online store then site performance and SEO matters. 

I have generated a report using this can identify which areas you can improve: JS minify, images optimization, Enable gzip compression. 

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/endlessartus.com/vZQJg8h3

For SEO: You can follow below link that is very useful:

https://yoast.com/magento-seo/

https://magento.com/blog/best-practices/seo-best-practices-ecommerce-product-pages

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

@sam_aleksanyan

Considering the recent Google updates is advisable for Website and SEO optimization. With the recent mobile-first indexing, making a site mobile-friendly is a must. Going for AMP is a good idea.

Once you are done with the basic website UX and UI designing, the optimization should be user-centric. I would suggest you to go for A/B testing and see the sections of the site that are not grabbing enough user attention. 

Ease out site navigation with voice search option, breadcrumbs and other such factors.

Optimize the site content as well. Include long-tail keywords along with location-based search queries.

You can use extension for this purpose, but best is to manually adjust tags with keywords.

SEO Services, Online Computer Courses
https://www.respocert.com

@sam_aleksanyan 

Here are An Example of how to use h1, h2, h3 header tags

This post or blog is actually an example of how to use your header tags. See below:

• My h1 = <h1>H1, H2 and H3 Header Tags for SEO</h1>
  • My h2 = <h2>Why are h1, h2 and h3 header tags important for SEO?</h2>
  • My h3 = <h3>How to use the h1, h2 and h3 tags</h3>

Why are h1, h2 and h3 header tags important for SEO?

Header tags are an important on-page SEO factor because they’re used to communicate to the search engines what your website is about. Search engines recognize the copy in your header tags as more important than the rest. This starts with your h1 and works its way down in importance to the h2, h3 and so on. These tags will help support the overall theme or purpose of your page.

You can’t, however, just throw in whatever content you want into these headers. It’s important to utilize your header tags with short-tail and long-tail keywords. As search engines crawl your site, they will pick up on the headers and recognize the keywords you are using as important.

How to use the h1, h2 and h3 tags

While your header tags do extend to h4, h5 and h6, we’re only going to focus on the first three since these are the tags that carry the most SEO value. Now, you can’t just go insert your header tags anywhere and expect to see results. Header tags have their own place on a page and have to be used in a proper order starting with your h1.

The h1 tag should contain your targeted keywords, ones that closely relate to the page title and are relevant to your content. The h2 tag is a subheading and should contain similar keywords to your h1 tag. Your h3 is then a subheading for your h2 and so on. Think of them as a hierarchy based on importance, the above being more important than the below.

Keep in mind that it’s also very import that your header tags are readable and grammatically correct. Stuffing your h1, h2 and h3 with keywords is not going to help your cause. If anything, Google will recognize this and assume you are trying to manipulate them — that’s a no-no!

Choose the following plugins for better WordPress optimization

• Choose Yoast SEO free plugin (robots.txt will be taken care by this plugin, no need to change anything of the default)
  • Use WP Super cache or Wp Rocket or WP Fastest
  • Use free CDN from cloudflare, if possible
  • Check your theme supports AMP, don't use If you not aware how to use, it will shows a lot of warnings and errors in the initial days. However, you can rectify them.
  • Use better Image optimization plugin
  • Use GTMetrix for speed score

Hope these helps..

Thanks,

Amazon Prime Upcoming Telugu Movies

@sam_aleksanyan 

Hello,

Here are some of the guidelines for Speed Optimization of Website:

1. Large Images are the biggest reason for slowing down the webpage.
  2. Bad Hosting is another cause of a slow webpage.
  3. Plugins, Widgets, Any third-party Scripts, Apps are also culprits.
  4. The theme also can be the common cause sometimes.
  5. JavaScript issues create hurdles. 
  6. Too much flash content is harmful to speed.
  7. More HTTP requests, Lesser the speed.
  8. Absence of Caching Techniques, gZIP Compression, CDN Services

We can help you with Website Speed Optimization,  Click: support@milople.com

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Give 'Kudo'

and 'Accept as a Solution' if the query is solved!

All the best!

Thanks For Sharing

Very useful question for everyone. If you have an online store then site performance and SEO matters. 

Movierulz

Kunsttransporte gehören in professionelle Hände, weil der Umgang mit wertvollen Kunstwerken und anderen sensiblen Objekten äußerst schwierig ist. Umzugsservice Zürich Kompetenter Service ist immer gefragt - kick the bucket Kunstspedition führt lair Kunstumzug in Zürich mit größter Sorgfalt und Professionalität durch. Von der detaillierten Projektplanung bis zur professionellen Umsetzung.