cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - getting started for very begginers

SOLVED

Help - getting started for very begginers

Hi all,

I am struggling to understand how to even get the website started. I can't see any links, or pricing or step by step guides. I am not an IT person at all and I saw an online youtube video that refers me to another external page to actually set up an account with this one talking about the domain. There is not a phone number I can refer for help on this. Any advice? How can I start my page as soon as possible? Do they not provide a domain? I saw some other pages offers an online shop straight forward but I need to use this for another reasons so I am trying to understand how to set it up, but really struggling.  Any advice welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help - getting started for very begginers

Hi Beatriz,

Magento is an open-source software. Think of it a bit like building and maintaining a PC. You have to install all of the software, like Windows, and handle maintenance, like making sure to protect your computer from viruses. Businesses often hire an IT company for this.

In the case of Magento, it's generally even more complex. Magento is a robust and powerful eCommerce platform that's built with web developers in mind in regards to installation and maintenance. If you're unfamiliar, it's best to hire an experienced Magento web developer to help build and maintain the site. You'd then log in to manage products, orders, and other "admin" activities.

In general, Magento caters more to mid-market and enterprise businesses.

If that's not the type of experience you're looking for, you may be better off with a platform like BigCommerce or Shopify, where everything is in the cloud, and it's much easier to deploy and maintain without nearly as much technical expertise. You pay these companies a small monthly fee (at least when you're starting out), and they provide the software in the cloud, as well as some basic support. They're better suited for an average startup.

I hope that this is helfpul.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Help - getting started for very begginers

Hi Beatriz,

Magento is an open-source software. Think of it a bit like building and maintaining a PC. You have to install all of the software, like Windows, and handle maintenance, like making sure to protect your computer from viruses. Businesses often hire an IT company for this.

In the case of Magento, it's generally even more complex. Magento is a robust and powerful eCommerce platform that's built with web developers in mind in regards to installation and maintenance. If you're unfamiliar, it's best to hire an experienced Magento web developer to help build and maintain the site. You'd then log in to manage products, orders, and other "admin" activities.

In general, Magento caters more to mid-market and enterprise businesses.

If that's not the type of experience you're looking for, you may be better off with a platform like BigCommerce or Shopify, where everything is in the cloud, and it's much easier to deploy and maintain without nearly as much technical expertise. You pay these companies a small monthly fee (at least when you're starting out), and they provide the software in the cloud, as well as some basic support. They're better suited for an average startup.

I hope that this is helfpul.

Best of luck!