cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove index.php in url not working with htaccess

Remove index.php in url not working with htaccess

Hello,

I check all post for do this but when i change the htacess, front and backend not working.

This loop always ans after some moment give me error 503 (Service Unavailable) in console log.

But the server is OK when i remove line in htacess back and front end is up.

I have Magento 1.9 with php 5.6

In backend i put YES in Use Web Server Rewrites.

I add this to htacess:

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

Flush cache and nothing work...

Thanks to help me

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Remove index.php in url not working with htaccess

Hi, I still have not managed to fix the problem for the index.php rewrite ...
On the other hand, I notice that if I put in maintenance with my IP the site works. As soon as I remove maintenance, it loops and can not work.

Hi @italya79,
I think have you tried this or not?.that's enable modrewrite in your server if you're using apache and include the htaccess file since the magento only suggest the htaccess file is necessary.here I would like to share one link below you can go and refer it
https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/205684/htaccess-file-on-magento-director-not-working

If my answer is useful, give kudos and accept as solution
Best regards

Hi @nancy_gaudreau did you solve the problem, or do you still have this issue? Please advice on the matter, and if you solved the problem, please share for the community what the solution was, it is highly appriciated.

Hello,

It seems like you're encountering a 503 error after modifying the htaccess file in Magento 1.9. The issue might be related to the rewrite rules. Have you tried Remove the rewrite rules and testing if the site works? Also, double-check the syntax and configuration of the rules to ensure they're correctly set up. If the problem persists, seeking assistance from the Magento community or support could provide further insights.