cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Ghost Installation

Magento 2 Ghost Installation

I've been trying to install Magento CE for literally years. I've never been able to do it but I keep coming back. It's obviously something that I am doing wrong because last year when I tried it, I hit the same dead end.

Running Ubuntu 16.04, Apache2, MySQL, and php7

• Installed Magento2 via Composer to the directory /var/www/html/magento2
  • Made the necessary adjustments to pass the self checker upon installation.
  • Ran the installer, Magento claims it installed successfully.
  • I'm given my admin panel address (let's keep it simple domain.com/admin_login/)

I try to go to the panel and nothing is there. I login to my directory using ftp just to get a visual sense of what is going on and nothing seems to have changed. The same hierarchy is present in the directory and no "admin_login" folder.

I went to check out the sql database and it is populated with tables so I really do not know what I am doing wrong.

Hopefully a simple fix.

Thank you.

Edit:

Checked that rewrite is enabled - is

Check that AllowOveride ALL is on - is

The first picture is what I see after a clean install. No admin login as well. The second picture is what the structure looks like after an install, showing permissions, etc.

magentoerror1.JPGmagentoerror2.JPG

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Magento 2 Ghost Installation

Hi,

Just wanted to check

Have you tried installing / setup from shell like the following. I could not get magento up and running using the web based installer. Gave up in the end and reverted to shell setup. Which to be honest I like. Esp when you want to quickly switch on a dev box

sudo -u www-data php bin/magento setup:install --base-url=http://www.your_site.com/ --db-host=localhost --db-name=your_database --db-user=root --db-password=your_password --admin-firstname=Michael --admin-lastname=Last_Name--admin-email=me@mrgott.com --admin-user=admin --admin-password=admin123 --backend-frontname=admin_magento --language=en_US --currency=USD --timezone=Asia/Tbilisi --cleanup-database --sales-order-increment-prefix="ORD$" --use-rewrites=1

Some more notes on shell setup here.

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/install-gde/install/cli/install-cli-install.html

Let me know

Brendan

Developer

Thank you for the reply Brendan,

I tried what you suggested and the same thing happened. Attached you will find what I followed in the console. Claims it installs. But to where, I have no idea.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

weirdly I cannot see the images.....

Developer

so just a check. You can get to the web directory from a browser?

For example, you could drop a phpinfo() file into the web directory and see this via the browser?

regards

Developer

Yep, phpinfo() works exactly as it should. If you want I can PM you the url. Here is a sample below of the first section.

System	Linux ubuntu 4.4.0-34-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 27 16:06:39 UTC 2016 x86_64
Server API	Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support	disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path	/etc/php/7.0/apache2
Loaded Configuration File	/etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files	/etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d
Additional .ini files parsed	/etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/10-mysqlnd.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/10-opcache.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/10-pdo.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/15-xml.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-bcmath.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-calendar.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-ctype.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-curl.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-dom.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-exif.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-fileinfo.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-ftp.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-gd.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-gettext.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-iconv.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-intl.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-json.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mbstring.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mcrypt.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mysqli.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-phar.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-posix.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-readline.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-shmop.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-simplexml.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-sockets.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-sysvmsg.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-sysvsem.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-sysvshm.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-tokenizer.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-wddx.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-xmlreader.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-xmlwriter.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-xsl.ini, /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-zip.ini
PHP API	20151012
PHP Extension	20151012
Zend Extension	320151012
Zend Extension Build	API320151012,NTS
PHP Extension Build	API20151012,NTS
Debug Build	no
Thread Safety	disabled
Zend Signal Handling	disabled
Zend Memory Manager	enabled
Zend Multibyte Support	provided by mbstring
IPv6 Support	enabled
DTrace Support	enabled
Registered PHP Streams	https, ftps, compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
Registered Stream Socket Transports	tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2
Registered Stream Filters	zlib.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*

Yeah, hit me up.

You can get to the Front End Correct?

Are you perhaps using a non US Language for installation?

Anything in your apache logs?

Developer

[Mon Aug 29 19:06:45.534667 2016] [:error] [pid 22233] [client] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir "/var/www/html/magento2/var/page_cache" is not writable in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php:209\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(180): Zend_Cache::throwException('cache_dir "/var...')\n#1 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php(87): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->setCacheDir('/var/www/html/m...')\n#2 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(153): Cm_Cache_Backend_File->__construct(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, true, true)\n#4 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Factory.php(155): Zend_Cache::factory('Magento\\\\Framewo...', 'Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, Array, true, true, true)\n#5 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Pool.php(67 in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php on line 209, referer: http://store.*mywebsite*.com/
[Mon Aug 29 19:06:47.874166 2016] [:error] [pid 22070] [client ] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir "/var/www/html/magento2/var/page_cache" is not writable in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php:209\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(180): Zend_Cache::throwException('cache_dir "/var...')\n#1 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php(87): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->setCacheDir('/var/www/html/m...')\n#2 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(153): Cm_Cache_Backend_File->__construct(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, true, true)\n#4 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Factory.php(155): Zend_Cache::factory('Magento\\\\Framewo...', 'Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, Array, true, true, true)\n#5 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Pool.php(67 in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php on line 209
[Mon Aug 29 19:06:48.944947 2016] [:error] [pid 22062] [client ] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir "/var/www/html/magento2/var/page_cache" is not writable in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php:209\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(180): Zend_Cache::throwException('cache_dir "/var...')\n#1 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php(87): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->setCacheDir('/var/www/html/m...')\n#2 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(153): Cm_Cache_Backend_File->__construct(Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, true, true)\n#4 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Factory.php(155): Zend_Cache::factory('Magento\\\\Framewo...', 'Cm_Cache_Backen...', Array, Array, true, true, true)\n#5 /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/App/Cache/Frontend/Pool.php(67 in /var/www/html/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Cache.php on line 209
[Mon Aug 29 20:12:42.438127 2016] [:error] [pid 22057] [client ] script '/var/www/html/index.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: http://store.mywebsite.com/index.php/cart/

The front end is completely broken with only very little on the screen. Plus I cannot use the url i specified during installation. I have to directly go to the /mageno2/ directory. See if the link below works for the image.

http://imgur.com/a/txjr7

I am not sure how to check for the installation language.

Wow, looks like the apache log shows a lot - although I am not sure what to make out of it quite yet.

Right,

So this error means your permissions are not set correctly.  The cache directories cannot write.

/var/www/html/magento2/var/page_cache" is not writable

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html

Developer

About language, Im pretty sure it should not be the issue. Ive seen some issue with non US Languages not installing additional files.

Developer