cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission setting on VPS linux

Permission setting on VPS linux

I am about to install magento on a new VPS server. I am following the doc on how to install . in section for file folder permission . there is a setup for One user and Two user. I like to know . on a VPS server , should i consider One user permission setting or should go with Two user permission. This VPS is not dedicated so it may consider as Shared hosting.

I just wan to know before starting .

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Permission setting on VPS linux

I use two user permission on my VPS linux , and everything works just fine. initially i was with another host, for past 2 weeks trying to install magento 2 and couldn't resolve the issue with installation error.

Moved to new VPS provider, after initial OS setting , i again followed the recommendation on the doc and magento installed in 10 seconds or less . 

I found tons of help tutorials on digitalocean website with very clear right to the point on how to setup linux , apache , mysql . how to set owner and permissions. 

it is a must read and i highly recommend visiting their tutorial sections for anyone dealing with issues about their magento installation and initial setup of services needed to get your store up and running.

Re: Permission setting on VPS linux

Linux permissions allow a file or directory owner to restrict access based on the accessor's relationship to each file. This allows for control schemes that provide varying levels of access to different people.

To know more: Linux Classes in Pune